Responsible for supporting various business activities through the development of performance reporting with relevant business context through various reporting methods to drive business interventions to improve value delivery and using sound technical capabilities, identify process improvement opportunities, including the development of metrics and reporting to realize improvement potential, and support/manage teams delivering the prioritized initiatives/projects, from design through to implementation to help the organization achieve its initiatives.
About the job:
Supporting the Analytics Studio through data sourcing, mining, exploration and curation, and works with other data resources and teams to ensure alignment and integration through Planning, Performance Management and Innovation & Engineering.
- Works closely with Data Scientists, Engineers, and business SMEs to connect valuable data and generate insights.
- Provides integrated view between the businesses needs and the data available, acting as the conduit between business challenges and opportunities data analytics may provide.
- Work closely with Performance Enablers and Regions, both centrally and around the world.
- Generate potential use assess to the most valuable and prioritized challenges of the business.
- Understanding of several commonly available statistics approaches, models, and data analytics applications
- Deep understanding of customer's needs, work with them closely and translate business into technical requirements; high-level understanding of several commonly available Data Analytics approaches and tools and choose the right ones to solve the problem (avoid "complexity / technology for complexity / technology’s sake"; "simple first")
- Ability to build new tools and approaches to automate data manipulation, quality control, and data analysis where needed; in addition to being hands on, ensure your team re-uses, or builds on top of existing work; advocate for technical debt removal; build and maintain re-usable systems that are used by others
- Work closely with the team as well as independently to identify problems to be solved based on in-depth technical and business understanding; concretize vague and broad problems and break them down into actionable sub-problems and tasks; coordinate and lead data mining, exploration, and pipeline development
- Experience in using SQL, non-SQL, or Python to query and transform data
- Experience in working with Bigdata using Spark, Scala, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based solutions such as Azure tools: logic App, java inline code, SQL databases, DataBricks, storages
- Experience in creating dashboards, and data visualization tools, such as PowerBI
- Ability to look at things differently, debug, troubleshoot, design, and implement solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to work successfully on a virtual team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highlighting areas of risk regarding data integrity, control, access, and volume
At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!