This role will focus on the upkeep, optimisation and change management of Finance master data including the Harmonised Data Set (HDS), Financial Data Structure (FDS) and Chart of Accounts (COA). A key part of this will be driving data standards to enable data quality improvement.
The scope of this role covers data at the point of creation through to its enrichment and consumption within reporting and analytics. It is crucial this role is executed collaboratively with other subject area leads within the Data Management function.
Essential Education and Experience
- Ensure the accurate and timely delivery of addition, change and deactivation of finance master data requests in accordance with SLAs & conduct validations to compliance with the Global Financial Template (GFT), Americas Financial Template (AFT) and Finance Business Warehouse (FBW) data standards & practices.
- Understand the context in which data is used within the business & match business requirements to the sources of data within systems as well as end-to-end MDG application system data landscape.
- Review master data requests from project deployment teams and new SAP/FBW business users on an ongoing basis.
- Support non GFT countries/businesses migrating to FBW with the creation of master data, data mapping and resolving mapping issues.
- Review and approval of updates to Financial Data Structures (FDS) and associated mapping tables.
- Provision of business support at key periods (e.g. month end) to enable timely reporting.
- Monitor to prevent unauthorised changes to global master data.
- Promote user education on SAP/GFT/AFT/FBW Financial Data Structures and Governance.
- Identify and contribute to the improvement of defective trends or areas of process performance weakness in the end to end process.
- Build up a working relationship with the super user network and ensure they fully understand the Data Management change request process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related fields.
- Possess at least 5 years of relevant work experience within the Finance team of a business.
- A great teammate with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Hands on experience in SAP finance and controlling application.
- Able to work UK shift during quarter close.