Responsible for coordinating the activities of a small team to provide quality customer service support to ensure maximum customer satisfaction, overseeing execution of standard and consistent processes and ensuring delivery of the commercial plan through having a good understanding of the customer's needs and expectations.
About the Role:
Responsible for leading, coordinating and driving business excellence within the Business Support Specialist team. The Business Support Specialist team provides customer support and executes transactions necessary to fulfil the order to invoice process for the business. This role ensures continuity within the team to provide quality customer service support to achieve maximum customer satisfaction, oversees execution of standard and consistent processes and ensures delivery of the commercial plan by enduring a high level of understanding of customer needs and expectations.
- Lead an efficient and supportive business support team in White Cloud including equipment and lubricant quoting, order entry, billing and other supporting activities to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop talent and business plans for Business Support Specialist roles. Train, coach and manage activity to meet or exceed goals.
- Develop KPI’s for business support and lead the team to meet or exceed goals.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to improve processes or procedures in business support activities.
- Manage the equipment pricing process to ensure equipment is quoted consistently and to help meet business metrics.
- Equipment Quotations – Prepare customer equipment quotations from RFQ or customer requests.
- Equipment ordering – process customer/account manager equipment orders by matching customer purchase order to quotation and order via SAP on appropriate document. Communicate order acknowledgement to the customer with agreed lead times. Order equipment for account managers within proper DofA.
- Extended Warranties and Service Contracts – Develop and maintain the equipment extended warranty program. This includes new and renewal of extended warranties or service contracts within guidelines and maintain records or contracts in force.
- Lubricant ordering – support the lubricant ordering process when necessary by matching customer purchase order to quotation and order via SAP on appropriate document. Manage sales support relationships with key customers to ensure lubricant order demands are met. Manage web order entry/invoicing for the LubeCon business.
- Review and reconcile any lubricant consignment to ensure all invoicing and inventory movements are correct.
- Review and approve all credit memos for the LubeCon business within DofA and approved guidelines.
- Month end reports – compile month end customer care reports documenting open quotes, orders, new account setups, MRA, IFOT, RFT, and other KPI metrics.
- Supports the team members with account planning, account profiles, and gathering of customer insights to help drive continuous improvements and customer focus.
- Supports A/R and collections as necessary.
- As a backup support to various other roles, infrequently support logistics, materials manager, and procurement when necessary to support business needs. Activities may include issuing purchase orders, production work order processing, and other similar functions.
- Organize and maintain files related to the role.
Location: Our team office is based in White Cloud, MI and as the Customer Service Lead, you'll need to come into the office at least once a week once it is deemed safe to do so - We are open to your being based elsewhere in MI (IE Grand Rapids, Big Rapids, Fremont) so long as you're able to commute. We are currently working remote.