We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Procurement function team and advance your career as a
Buyer – Senior Analyst
GBS Procurement is integral to building bp's distinctive capabilities and enhancing the procurement processes. In order to achieve this they are collaborating with segment category teams to effectively build, segment and manage the third party supply chains. They are building the next generation of category management; sourcing and digital capability in line with bp’s defined functional vision and location strategy.
In this role you will:
- Inspect incoming requisitions for correctness and completeness and re-distributing or referring them when appropriate.
- Assign sources of supply in accordance with category guidance or other relevant sourcing instructions.
- Request for Quote to obtain pricing, delivery and other commercial terms.
- Create and analyze Procure to Pay reports, ensure data accuracy and completion and compliance.
- Engage BP stakeholders – e.g. requestors, sourcing specialist etc., to finalize the purchase decision.
- Generate Purchase Order and confirming acceptance by the supplier.
- Resolve operational issues with the suppliers, sourcing specialist and requestor related to the quality, delivery or receipt of good / services, invoice payment, return of materials, etc.
- Investigate issues through detailed root cause analyses.
- Manage required changes to PO and closure of the PO.
- Initiate vendor call-back to validate banking information.
- Support MoC by adopting and effectively delivering in line with process changes.
- Monitor and analyze reports to ensure data accuracy and completion and compliance of Procure to Pay process. Recommend remediation/improvement actions.
- Manage direct spend to preferred suppliers while documenting exceptions and escalating as needed.
- Serve on projects for new initiatives or enhancements, implementation of policy changes, process and / or system changes.
- Constantly scans for improvement opportunities
We have the following requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement, sourcing/ materials planning gained in multinational environment.
- Strong understanding of procurement and general accounting practices with knowledge of accounts payable practices.
- Proficient in Procurement and Supply Chain Management applications (ARIBA, SAP, Salesforce etc.) advanced skills in Excel.
- Strong analytical skills; experience reviewing data and analyzing trends.
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying root cause.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and change direction as needed.
- Being able to work efficiently to a given process and operate within a team environment.
- Language and Interpersonal skills with particular focus on client responsiveness.
- Experience of working cross culturally and in an international environment.
- Resilient and experienced in working in multi-faceted environment.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement