We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?The CDD Manager is responsible for managing a team to deliver Account Opening business and control, effectively deploying account opening and reference data processes liaising with relevant industry groups regarding account opening and reference data practices, maintaining strong working relationships with BP customers and internal groups, and working with Legal and Compliance to ensure compliance is in order to support the team's core accountability of delivering account activities that are in conformance with internal requirements and standards.In this role You will:
Join our CDD Team and advance your career as a
Counterparty Due Diligence Manager
What You will need to be successful:
- Provide effective support to CDD team in KYC due diligence reviews of new and existing counterparties
- Manage team’s portfolio of existing counterparties to be refreshed and/or priorities of new counterparty on-boardings.
- Apply a robust risk approach and forms sound judgment calls, recommendations.
- Escalate all concerns and red flags to senior CDD levels as appropriate.
- Ensure effective compliance with bp’s AML Standards in reviewing (four eye check) and approving counterparty files.
- Maintain effective interaction with key stakeholders
- Manage resources of the team by effective capacity forecasting and monitoring, setting priorities, work allocation and reallocation where necessary.
- Provide regular KPIs and MI to stakeholders.
- Identify, initiate, and drive improvements to current CDD processes to increase control and efficiency.
- Share knowledge and expertise across the CDD team especially regarding KYC / AML Procedures and Processes, Legal and Regulatory requirements as well as best practices.
- Act as a role model in accordance with the bp Leadership Expectations.
- Attract, develop and retain staff to ensure a consistently high level of professionalism
- Active performance management of team members throughout the year.
- Establish and control short- and long-term goals of the team.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant finance or legal degree and minimum of 6 years of experience in control, compliance or finance area
- 3+ years of experience in managing teams
- Experience from KYC/AML control functions, ideally within a financial services or commodities trading business is preferred.
- Solid understanding of KYC/CDD/AML/Sanctions risks and controls
- Good analytical, process and project management skills
- Ability to make risk-based decisions and/or recommendations.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement and manage teams through change.
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended paternity leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested