The Commercial Supply and Optimization (CS&O) - Jet Fuel Marketer is responsible for generating value for BP from jet business from the import tank or refinery gate through to the airline wing tip at a hub airport and everything in between. This is achieved through coordinating the deployment of bp’s Trading and Sales/Marketing Capabilities. There’s a focus on supplier and customer deals plus assets and supply chain optimization within the geography.
As the CS&O Marketer, you will be responsible for acting as one of the jet business’ focal points between the Trading and Shipping (T&S) entrepreneurial trading business and the Air BP Sales and Marketing business.
- Manage relevant tenders of counterparties buying and selling term in the pre-airfield
- Understand and contribute to the process of managing price exposure on deals across North America
- Provide prices to the Air BP Sales and Marketing network for airline tenders at a number of airports
- Working with the jet trading bench, be jointly involved with the Air BP Sales and Marketing Account Managers in the process and interface with the airlines for non-transactional tenders and/or opportunities to deepen relationships beyond a transactional into-wing buying relationship.
- Actively seek new business opportunities and portfolio upgrading with T&S Distillates Trading & Origination (GDIST) team
- Deliver model set up, including new business activity processes and procedures to enable successfully delivery of the business model, plus provide insights and input to enable continuous improvement in how we operate
- Provide information on analytics, trade flows, asset capabilities and supply demand balances to enable the team to assess the competitive landscape, opportunities and build a strategy in new and existing geographies.
- Work with the Operations teams to establish effective procedures and ways of working
- Be performance managed on optimising bp’s performance across supply chains
- Contribute to strategy development in the CS&O geography.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
- Commercial Location Optimization (within CSO geography)
- Maintaining robust, effective and efficient relationships to develop a joint jet strategy which optimizes the value chain and continuously improves financial outcomes.
- Produce and maintain supply cost curves, including, floor pricing & mass balance for CS&O locations
- Proactively portfolio management – agree customer targets for each airport location
- Supporting, translating and delivering the appropriate Sales & Marketing strategy for a portfolio of airports ensuring alignment with the Global Sales strategies
- Provide prices to the Air BP Sales and Marketing network for airline tenders at a number of hub airports
- Manage the back to back pricing process and any associated pricing exposure for hub airport/s you will be managing
- Supply Chain Strategy –
- Support the T&S GDIST Jet Team and Air BP Account Managers in deploying existing offers, developing new customer offers and support in negotiations with customers in collaboration with others
- Support Air BP Account Managers to develop a deep understanding of the key drivers of customers including KPIs and decisions at hub locations
- Working with the jet operators, T&S GDIST Trading and Origination and Fuels to develop a coordinated deep understanding of the key supply and trading dynamics in order to develop value driving opportunities throughout the jet value chain
- Maintaining a deep understanding of BP Group’s value drivers to ensure BP Group optimum decisions are taken
- Knowledge and full awareness of, and always transacting within, the relevant regulatory, legal, ethical and internal compliance standards. Asking for help and notifying management and/or compliance with any issues as soon as they occur
- Ensure delivery of monthly performance analysis, communicate highlights and implement lessons learnt across the team.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in relevant trading/supply