From 1 September 2020, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Team and advance your career as a
CASH & BANKING and TREASURY SPECIALIST (night shift included)
The Cash & Banking and Treasury Specialist is responsible ownership over the payment runs (US or Europe depending on the scope) in addition to providing key analytics, reconciliations, and managing escalations on behalf of the Treasury Operations Team and BP Business Partners. This role will include providing actuals to the Treasury Cash Management team and is responsible for supervising, and in some cases performing root cause analytics relating to defects within the payment runs. This role is also key in participating in projects/payment run activities across the globe. In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Responsible for researching and resolving problems within designated guidelines and researching through multiple database resources
- Drive follow-up, share and provide resolution within the team and internal or external stakeholders
- Responsible for oversight and ownership of any defects within the payment run process which includes performing root cause investigations to assess gaps and recommend appropriate process changes to mitigate future risk. Material risk for any one run can be in the hundreds of millions of dollars
- Manage and mitigate escalations and inquiries coming into the Treasury Investigations inbox
- Perform daily account reconciliations between cash (SAP), and banking systems/platforms
- On daily operations acting as first point of contact
- Support Line Manager in all projects, systems implementations, strategic topics and any ad hoc activities needed in daily operations
- Maintain and develop working relationship with Crossfunctions internal or external GBS
- Active involvement in any Cash Management, C&B strategic, operations or system related projects
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to work in constant evening shift (earliest shift ending at 23:00 pm, latest ends at 1:30 am)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in treasury and / or financial accounting, cash and banking, tax accounting
- Shared service center experience; preferably in oil and gas industry/or any multinational
- Experience dealing/working with treasury, cash management or finance department
- Relevant systems knowledge – SAP
- MS Office experience
- Good Analytical and numerical skills with sound financial awareness
- Good interpersonal, influential and decision-making skills in order to manage and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement