Responsible for supporting the business with accounting issues, using advanced technical capabilities in controlling, performance reporting and integrated business planning, advising on policy and compliance, working with relevant teams across the business to effectively coordinate a range of finance activities and assisting in the delivery of the financial strategy to drive outstanding business results.
Purpose of Role
- The position holder is the BP appointed senior financial position to lead the finance team of the joint venture to ensure the organization responsibly meets its financial, statutory, taxation and corporate governance requirements.
- As a key management position of joint venture business, the position holder is expected to actively participate in JV management and build functional working relationships with the JV partners to ensure the success of the JV.
Planning, Performance Management and Reporting
- Collaborate with the JV management and partner’s secondees to implement strategy and business plan approved by the Board, and seek alignments at the operational level to serve the best interest of the JV
- Safeguard shareholders’ interests with full compliance of JV agreements, Code of Conduct, and BP Group Standards appliable to non-operating JV.
- Act as control focal point to ensure robust internal control and risk management in place in the JV
Cash and Tax
- Appraise in formulating the company's strategy and ensure achievements of strategies and objectives.
- Lead long-term and annual plan process to ensure performance assurance processes are in place for the delivery of the targets.
- Drive performance improvement through developing and supervising fit-for-purpose KPIs,
- provide business insights, proposing necessary interventions, and prepare performance communication with the management
- Ensure that business transactions and results are recorded, reported, with integrity, transparency and in a timely manner in compliance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Handle all issues relating to internal and external audit.
Ethics, Compliance, and Internal Control
- Handle cash flow and cash forecasts to support the operation and strategic direction
- Develop and implement financing and tax strategies with close collaboration with Treasury and Tax in compliance with regulatory requirements and governance process
- Represent the JV in taxation negotiations and arrangement with the State Tax Authorities
- Invest funds and handle the capital appraisal process aligned with governance process.
- Track and analyse the financial return on the investment to provide insights and strategic direction for further business expansion and development.
- Implement internal controls and risk management policies and procedure to improve JV ethics & compliance and internal control environment, and introduce best practices for continuous improvements
- Maintenance of Delegation of Authority per the article of association and board delegation.
- Conduct internal reviews and manage to close control gaps identified by both internal and external auditors.
- Work with BP Legal and exercise strong influence in adopting and compliance with ABC and Anti-Trust law.
- Lead the finance team, and provide supervision and guidance
- Develop the JV finance team and coach and retain talented to reach the full potential
- Facilitate communication, manage cultural differences, and build a diverse and inclusive team.
- Work with the JV HR to deliver people agenda and training program.
- Strong networking and mediating abilities in maintaining/developing relationships and resolving problems.
- Develop strong networks with PU Finance, Tax and Legal teams.
- Develop strong networks with external groups such as the State Administration of Taxation, Finance Bureau, COFERT, Local Tax Bureau, Insurance Regulation Commission, financial institutes, SAFE and other Regulators.
- University graduate, Fluency in English & Mandarin.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in relevant commercial and control roles. At least 5-year experience working in MNC in a supervisory or managerial position.
- Technical and Professional Competencies
- Understanding accounts
- Managing relationships and building partnerships
- Applying processes and mastering systems
- Assessing risk and interpreting data