Responsible for supporting the business with accounting issues, using sound technical capabilities in controlling, performance reporting and integrated business planning, advising on policy and compliance and working independently and with relevant teams across the business to effectively deliver a range of finance activities to drive the delivery of outstanding results.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibly of accounting and reporting for GSC Castrol Tianjin Plant in terms of monthly actual closing and supervise the deliverables of GBS and respective GSC functions, providing management with adequate assurance in financial accounting and control for GSC.
- Leadership of monthly closing, providing sound analysis for accounting control purpose
- Leadership in publishing monthly Transfer Price (TP), assessing on timeliness and completeness basis, with variance analysis of key TP elements with validation with GSC function leaders.
- Monthly detail cost variance analysis by business stream to facilitate business management decision in terms of pricing and product mix
- Support in monthly BSI and quarterly DD review as per Group policy.
- Assist in evaluating capital expenditure investment for GSC China
- Co-ordinate in the annual planning process
- Lead the tax accounting and planning in daily operation.
- Co-ordinate with Group Treasure in terms of operating cash flow management for the respective legal entities.
- Ownership of the monthly closing process for GSC – co-ordinate with GBS and relevant functions within China GSC to ensure the data integrity as well as adequate control over financial reporting.
- Monthly actual variance pass-back analysis for budgetary control purpose, providing management with sound commentary in terms of deviation between actual results and forecast/plan.
- Lead monthly TP analysis of key business streams to facilitate possible decision in price setting or product mix changes from key customers
- Monitor forecast accuracy for COGS, to ensure the GSC risks are fully reflected.
- Work with Plant production and GSC planning team to annually review MFG toolkit and receive endorsement from GSC China director.
- Work with plant production team to annually review and update blending and filling Yield
- Assist the GSC Finance Manager in developing and maintaining the accounting & control processes for China GSC and ensure timely and accurate information available to all relevant parties.
- Assist the GSC Finance Manager in monitoring the monthly BSI review and quarterly DD conversation for GSC scope, providing assurance to the whole China control process.
- Assist the GSC Finance Manager to conduct economic evaluation and functional assurance in compliance with BP GIAAP in assisting decision making for capital investment project, and lead Capex control and reporting.
- Assist the GSC Finance Manager in the annual planning process when required.
- Lead the tax related work in the plant's level to ensure compliance with both local tax authority and BP tax policy.
- Assist costing manger on business case study to support China business growth.
- Leading TJ plant finance team to align with plant HSSE requirement.
- Provide ad hoc support according to customer needs.
- University graduate, Fluency in English & Mandarin,.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant commercial and control roles.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in MNC in a supervisory or managerial position.
- CPA/ACCA qualification is preferred
- Managing relationships and building partnerships
- Applying processes and mastering systems
- Assessing risk and interpreting data
- Managing projects
- Motivated, creative, open to new ideas.
- A good team player with strong communication and networking skills and personal impact.
- Good leadership and management skills could be a coach and mentor.
- Results oriented.