Responsible for supporting the business with accounting issues, using advanced technical capabilities in controlling, performance reporting and integrated business planning, advising on policy and compliance, working with relevant teams across the business to effectively coordinate a range of finance activities and assisting in the delivery of the financial strategy to drive outstanding business results.
Purpose of role
- To provide forecasting, performance reporting, and business insight analysis. The job holder will work closely with the Supply Chain team as well as the PU Finance teams for Automotive/Industrial and Marine and Energy lubricant products, and also work very closely with Castrol Global Supply Chain Commercial Finance Manager to support on cost analysis.
- The gate keeper of all major GSC investment to provide assurance in making investment decisions, supervising performance delivery, and providing insights to GSC regional and PU LT teams.
- Support the finance function on health and safe including, and not limited to, office and plant safety and cybersecurity, and driving workload reduction and supporting the achievement of a healthy work life balance for the team.
- Lead, encourage & empower team to deliver on driving right business decisions. Develop succession plans for critical roles. Develop capability within the China finance. Manage and set direction for the GSC Finance team. Coach and develop competencies of the GSC Finance team members
- Drive strong relationship with PU, GSC and SPU teams and the functions (Tax, legal etc.) as well as manage effective interfaces with SPU and external/internal Auditors.Manage the relationship with the Sales, Marketing, GSC and other key business stakeholders to ensure business alignment. Maintain strategic level relationships with the country businesses and finance community
- Develop annual plan and rolling forecasts for China and Taiwan aligned with business and SPU.
- Facilitate business planning process for China GSC and ensure communication of performance contract priorities and emphasis are targeted at the delivery of the business plans for the country.
- Develop KPIs to a level where they provide a common language for communicating and managing performance
- Host monthly performance conversations with Supply Chain VP, China Supply Chain Manager and leadership team and capture outputs and actions on variances to rolling forecast and Plan. To identify key performance issues and recommend appropriate mitigating actions
- Give assurance to China Finance Manager and China Supply Chain Manager that appropriate finance controls are in place to manage material areas of spend
- Establish and maintain a close and good working relationship with the GBS function from GSC accounting perspectives, ensure the data integrity and efficiency of GSC accounting
- To develop/maintain the performance reporting to deliver timely and accurate information to serve the needs of the business as well as the GSC reporting requirements.
- To participate, as required, in MI / Digital projects and be proactive in identifying and promoting improvement opportunities in reporting process and systems
- Support yearly Effectiveness of Investment Review with bp board, and the restart of plant construction and subsequent commissioning
- Provide finance functional assurance in business evaluation, like EEM/FM for capital investment
- Accountable to provide solution on complex issues arises particularly from the financial concerns on operations
- Must be a well-rounded leader with a track record of building team capability against all dimensions of the Leadership expectations
- A skillful understanding of finance, business operations, change management, project management and IT&S infrastructure
- Proven track record in controls & compliance in a multi-national environment
- Demonstrates clear understanding of the business context & strong demonstration of business partnering
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proven capability and potential to make a significant contribution to the business
- Able to assimilate data to identify key issues and aid decision making, able to anticipate future situations and plan ahead to meet them