|bp Castrol seeks to be the best branded marketer in the global lubricants industry. We focus on developing outstanding value for our customers and consumers, through differentiated lubricants and related products, backed by excellent services and people, in an efficient and safe operation. We offer a wide range of lubricant products and services for the consumer, commercial, marine and industrial markets. Our brand portfolio includes Castrol, Veedol, Aral and bp, each backed by our dedication to high performance and leading-edge technology.|
In the US, bp Castrol has a well-established reputation for innovation in our product offerings and go-to-market approach. Our premium, high performance engine oils are category leaders and we work closely with our channel partners to maintain and grow our business.
As a new graduate the program will offer you:
The job of a Field Sales Challenger involves working outside the office environment sourcing potential customers and maximizing the sales of Lubricant products. You could land a role in one of our various channels: Indirect, Direct, Industrial or Key Accounts.
- 2 years of rotational assignments in the areas of sales, chemical/fluids management and exposure to customer management, marketing, technology and finance
- A structured and supportive environment to develop the skills and competencies you need to be successful in a field sales role, including a targeted learning and development offer and mentoring system
- Partnering with an established sales person to develop skills in the areas of: customer relationship/account management, qualifying prospects and pipeline management, value selling, sales presentations, developing sales models, forecasting, and negotiation skills
- Learning about the equipment and lubricant product lines and how to utilize that information to differentiate Castrol products & services from the completion.
- Responsible for continuous improvement projects related to sales and marketing
- Involvement with the budget and planning cycle, business performance management, profit & loss
- Learning to service various customer types and how to translate that service into additional business growth and customer sustainability
- Performing analytical work in support of sales activities
- Developing skills required to troubleshoot and resolve customer product application issues
- Gain valuable insight of customer product applications
- Assist product development group with the testing of products in preparation for commercial launch at customer sites
- Assuming responsibility for servicing a small group of distributor accounts, working on developing relationship with those distributor sales representatives to grow Castrol Heavy Duty Lubricant Business
- Learn how to conduct lubrication surveys that identify the best Castrol product for the application and how to calculate cost saving gained from using Castrol’s lubricants.
- Learn to service larger retail businesses, category management and trade marketing
- Projects such as competitive intelligence analysis
- Developing marketing strategy and building marketing plans and promotions including trade and brand marketing, advertising and sponsorship
- Gain an understanding of the budget and planning cycle, as well as business performance management
- Perform data analysis in support of sales activities
- Utilization of our digital tools, including Salesforce, Castrol Insights and TurfView to support overall business management.
- Adopt and utilize the Castrol mindset which is a business where everyone is committed to the growth of our business, to deeply value our customers, to empower our people and to embrace change and challenge the status quo