The role of the Castrol Finance Business Project Analyst interacts with the wider EMEA, Americas and Global finance team, including functions (IT&S), PPM, ARC, Business, GBS and other parts of the organization daily.
The role is mainly responsible to lead and coordinate the Business projects agenda within Castrol Finance, with a focus on applying digital tools to drive insight and simplification., standardization and stop
Working closely with Finance and Business teams to deliver both strategic and continuous improvement agenda, which are becoming quite crucial to deliver Castrol Strategy and simplification agenda that meet the needs of the organisation.
Supporting business critical activities relating to Supply Chain Plant rationalisation, SAP implementation, Cost To Serve analytics, Route to Market changes, SAP Analytics Cloud roll out and enhancement.
Running, maintaining, and enhancing Business Projects to facilitate decision making process.
Participate in business development by identifying new opportunities and assisting with proposals.
The candidate must work well in a team setting and have excellent organisational, prioritisation, communication, and time management skills.
Actively support business development and project teams in the following areas:
- Early and appropriate functional assurance of projects
- Adherence to GIAPP and DoA rules
- Manage projects through CVP
- Treasury processes, managing this key functional interface and continuing as SME on complex financing matters including JV financing, leases and LTCCs
- legal, tax & cosec interactions and aiding group functions in optimal resource allocation and focus
- maintain Aviation Investment Management Guide, Governance Templates and Standard Economic Model
- maintain close contact with regional finance managers and key functional stakeholders supporting business development and project activities including leading and/or managing change associated with the activity or project.
- Proactively identify business and commercial risk through oversight of the project governance processes
- Participate in quarterly cross-segment Investment Management telecons and leverage knowledge assets with Investment Managers from other businesses, sharing best practice across the segment and within Aviation
- Act as a focal point for project governance compliance within Aviation
- Administer the monthly Resource Allocation Committee (RAC)
- Aid project teams where required, with more direct involvement on material complex projects. This will also include projects supporting the wider finance team.
- Strong influencing ability to build consensus and engagement with key stakeholders at all levels and across organizational boundaries
- Highly motivated self-starter with high drive to support and deliver potentially complex and challenging new activity projects within the business
- Ability to lead change and prioritise team workload in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytic skills, business acumen and understanding of business drivers, with related business experiences are preferred
- Partnership and Teamworking - actively engages and respects the varied contributions of others
- Agile training and a working understanding of Agile techniques
Desirable experience and qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in a finance related subject or professional qualification ( i.e. accounting, CFA)
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with experience in financial analysis cash flow modeling, EEM (Economic Evaluation Methodology), GIAAP (Group Investment Assurance and Approvals Process)
- Experienced in Project or Change Management
- Knowledge of Castrol internal processes, systems and controls
- Related deep functional knowledge/experience i.e. Accounting, Finance Credit, Tax, Treasury
- Strong commercial acumen, understanding of commercial risks & rewards