Our graduate development program is known as the Challenger program. As a Challenger with us, you’ll explore new areas and work on resolving real-world problems. We put development at the heart of this program by providing you the opportunity for technical coaching, regular feedback and mentorship, global and local networks, and modern learning solutions. Though the P&O Challenger role is not rotational by nature, the focus is to enrich and deepen your learning and expertise.
As a Civil Engineering Challenger, you will:
- Work in construction related roles and help to coordinate the planning and oversight of a physical build
- Evaluate lessons learned and sharing outcomes to highlight safety improvements or improve construction performance
- Aid your Engineering and Design teams in developing the construction strategy and ensuring the feasibility of transportation, installation, lifting
- Assist with the construction team to execute the construction activity and availability of materials and supervise the construction schedule and cost.
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly. Our Challenger program offers you just that plus the chance for hands-on experience working on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. You will work alongside our highly qualified and professional colleagues. This award-winning program will allow you to resolve business challenges and gain broad exposure to the business from the beginning. We are #oneteam at bp, so the safety of each member of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home and as a result we have implemented a virtual hiring process and are onboarding new hires remotely.
|Taking on the role as Civil Engineering Challenger means using your depth of construction knowledge to guide the safe management of site activities. Alongside a strong degree in Civil, Structural, or Construction Engineering or a related subject, that means having a passion for problem-solving, a sharp eye for detail, and the drive to work with a diverse team. |
- Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- No sponsorship is available for this role.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Majoring in Majoring in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Science, or closely related discipline
- Graduating in December 2021 through May 2022
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We are looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh perspective, collaborative spirit, and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.