As a Civil Engineer in construction at bp it is about planning the physical build and overseeing its creation. Intern roles in construction will range from inputting into the initial construction plans and reviews to the safe management of site activities during the building of facilities. As an Intern you will work in construction related roles during the project definition and planning phase, the engineering, design and procurement phase, and through the site phase to start-up.
Accountabilities will vary depending on your specific project. Examples of possible activities include:
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Requirements
- Evaluating lessons learned and sharing outcomes to embed safety improvements or to identify opportunities to improve construction performance
- Participate in developing the construction strategy, including assessment of options.
- Work with Engineering and Design teams to ensure the feasibility of transportation, installation, lifting and construction requirements.
- Working with the construction team to plan execution of construction activity and availability of materials
- Assist in monitoring and controlling construction schedule and cost.
- Depending on your project there may also be the opportunity to witness the load out or installation of equipment.
- Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- BP will not support US Immigration sponsorship for full-time or long-term employment
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Must be available for a continuous 12-week period for duration of summer internship
- Majoring in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Science, or closely related discipline
- Students should be in the 3rd year of a four-year degree program
- Internships are not available for students who have completed their degree or who will graduate prior to the conclusion of the internship
As a first step, nothing prepares you better for a career with us than an internship. Our internship program provides hands-on, career-specific experience working full-time, usually during summer breaks. You will work on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to learn about and help to solve some of the most important issues we face. You will experience genuine teamwork, and work alongside highly qualified and experienced colleagues, while you work on live projects and operations, using the latest equipment and technology. Every year, we take interns studying a range of disciplines into our summer internship program, many of whom go on to join us full-time when they graduate. Opportunities exist in all major areas of bp to explore your career aspirations and develop the technical and professional skills you will need for a successful career, while earning a competitive salary and learning about the world of business. Summer internships last 12 weeks.