Let’s reimagine energy for people and the planet together, as our next Civil Structural Architectural Engineer for Southern Cluster!Our organization is currently working on achieving a better world for us and become a Net Zero company by 2050 or sooner.About the role itself:This is an opportunity to join a business with an essential position in a fast-growing business, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it as we shape the EV charging market in key regions.You will play a key part in the EV roll out through oversight and verification of the standardized engineering delivery and detailed engineering solutions. Our CSA Engineer will also provide front line technical query support to the installation contractors to support timely quality and schedule deliverySuccess is contributing to the fast-paced role out of this outstanding charging solution, through quality design solutions whilst taking on the challenge of complex brownfield and greenfield sites.What would be your responsibility?
What should you bring to this role?
- Play a key role in delivering the EV charge points in Europe that form part of the installation aim
- Support the Senior Manager Global Engineering and the Engineering Team Leader(s) in building a standard design model
- Support all teams during site appraisal, network planning, procurement, installation, construction, and commissioning
- Support the risk management process across each region
- Support our roll out with engineering performance management and technical reporting of near-term progress against long term targets
- Support key engineering management process to maintain the roll out in an efficient and safe manner
- Maintain a close working relationship with each of regional deployment teams and ensure they are successful with delivering their regional targets
- Support the identification of key EVSE technology solutions, for the optimum delivery of projects in accordance with BP Ethics & Compliance rules
- Anticipate on future standards and technology to optimize time and materials substance of any projects
- Support the continuous improvement of technical practices and processes
- Contribute to the success of any project and support the Project Managers to help them deliver the project on time and within budget
- Alert the project managers and the and Senior manager Global Engineering on any identified risks within his / her responsibility.
- Gather Lessons Learned through engineering and installation delivery and ensure Continuous Improvement throughout our EV deployments
We are a global team at bp, please, help us with submitting an English CV.
- Excellent university degree in civil/structural engineering
- Proficient in English and in Spanish is essential
- Technical and engineering roll out in the EV field
- Project Management of similar power and hardware Projects
- 5-10 years’ experience in large scale engineering projects
- Broad professional experience in engineering and project management delivery
- Sound knowledge of EV charging technology and detailed understanding of the operation and structures of charging networks and how they are coordinated
- Direct experience of industry standards in the EV space
- Agile Project management
- Speaking Portuguese is an advantage