Responsible for capturing, analysing and reporting performance and financial outcomes, using basic technical capabilities to ensure the business transactions and results of the reporting entity are recorded, reported and forecasted with integrity, in a timely manner and in conformance Group accounting policies and control standards.
This is a Sunbury based Finance role, within the Algeria & Libya Finance Team, with primary responsibility for delivering Planning and Commercial Operations support for those businesses.
bp has built its business and relationships in Algeria over decades and has grown to become one of the country’s largest foreign investors. bp partners with Sonatrach and Equinor in the In Salah and In Amenas joint ventures, which supply gas to the domestic and European markets.
In Libya, we partner with the Libyan Investment Authority (LIA) in an exploration and production-sharing agreement (EPSA) to explore acreage in the onshore Ghadames and offshore Sirt basins (bp 85%).
- Part of the team delivering all Algeria and Libya commercial and planning activities.
- Economic modelling in support of new business opportunities, value optimisation, compliance reporting (e.g. impairment testing) and Discussions. Some will require external interaction with our partners to stay aligned.
- Planning and performance management: Support all regular forecasting and business planning activities.
- Support ARC during quarter end process
- Investment governance processes including FM tracking and preparation of IG documents
- Give to the Risk process, preparation for RFR/RBR meetings, embedding / ongoing silent running of Upstream Joint Venture Management Policy.
- Support annual Reserves & Resources commercial effort
- Support the Libya weekly coordination meetings (internal) and external partner meetings.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- Degree Level (Business / Economics / Finance / Accounting / Commerce)
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
- For External Candidates only: Upstream oil and gas commercial/finance/planning experience.
- Ability to deliver multiple work streams in a dispersed organisation, with effective networking and teamwork across Sunbury, Algiers, Cairo, and Budapest.
- Track record of delivering high quality management information, planning and analysis in order to enables clear and informed decision making.
- Proven analytical and numerical skills including economic modelling experience with emphasis on attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and interpret contractual frameworks.
- Self-starter with ability to understand requirements and respond to various partners’ needs.
- Previous experience with upstream JVs
- Previous PSC environment
- French speaker
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job. Application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.