Would you like to shape the next growth engine in bp to make energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our team?
Join our team as a Commercial Analyst - Biofuels!
About the role itself:
As part of the Next Generation Biofuels Team, the successful candidate will work as Commercial Analyst on major advanced biofuels initiatives. Their focus will be on economic evaluation and business development in support of originating, framing & managing projects spanning the production of advanced Biofuels derived from waste oils, municipal solid waste or agricultural waste as well as manufacturing of Biogas / Biomethane and its integration into existing or future bp value chains.
This role will help build and maintain strong interfaces within bp especially with C&P, T&S, P&O, I&E and RC&S but also externally with strategic, value chain accretive or financial partners. This job is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and commercially focused professional with strong analytical skills and an interest in developing and honing their capabilities in an energised team that fosters progressive, agile & modern ways of working.
The role will work closely with Commercial Project Managers in the Next Generation Biofuels Team as well as with the low carbon teams across C&P and T&S and with Hydrogen / CCS among others.
What would be your responsibility?
- Conduct economic evaluation for new business opportunities around bp’s assets as well as with 3rd parties
- Build economic models for both bp internal and external purpose with partners
- Lead aggregation of key assumptions and ensure alignment across technical and commercial teams involved
- Provide insightful analysis of new value chains and sources of value.
- Lead interactions with third party partners as appropriate. Preparation of materials for bp governance and external meetings with potential partners.
- Support partner engagement and negotiations as well as due diligence and other engagement activities with third parties for the development of new business models.
- Contribute to developing engagement plans, build strong relationships and defend bp’s interest with commercial partners
- Contribute to the governance of the projects according to bp standards
- Develop the economic & strategic case for bp to invest or participate in any other way, with focus on integration benefits and differentiating factors vs. competitors as well as value drivers for bp
- Work closely with the Commercial Project Lead to manage the progress of supported business cases into fully fledged projects through the CVP stages
- Contribute to determining non-technical (including legislative, regulatory, reputational, political and social) risks, and the development of appropriate mitigations to support.
- Align & consult with peers within the team and bp group and share best practices & learnings
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams across bp in an agile way or jointly with partners
What should you bring to this role?
- Preferably 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience within Biofuels industry or knowledge of existing and emerging bio and renewable technologies and their practical application in a business context.
- Commercial development experience within Fuels, Petrochemicals or T&S businesses
- Good understanding of the integrated energy value chain
- Understanding of low carbon policy or advocacy
- Very commercial, pro-active and driven person
- A strong competence in financial analysis, economic modelling including EEM and GIAAP
- Experience building commercial models to demonstrate sources of value, monetisation mechanisms and revenues
- Track record of thriving in a fast paced and highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build strong, enduring relationships with third parties and across the business
- Good presentation skills and mastery of Excel models and Power Point presentations
- Ability to see the bigger picture, overcome challenges & stay goal focused
- Open to new challenges & confident working in an everchanging environment and managing uncertainties
We are a global team at bp, please, help us with submitting an English CV.