Responsible for providing comprehensive advice to businesses on funding issues including cash flow management, operational, financial and reputational risk, and the Group's corporate financial framework, using advanced technical capabilities in structuring corporate and project finance transactions alongside BP's economic evaluation methodology.
Commercial Funding Manager
Bp has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated structured finance/project finance manager to join our Commercial Funding team within the Treasury division.
Commercial Funding is a globally diverse team of 20 corporate finance professionals acting as trusted financial advisors to bp businesses providing financial market insight and effective expertise in structuring complex financing transactions. The team is split across London, Singapore and Houston!
Recent activities include:
- Funding the bp and Aberdeen’s joint venture to develop the city’s hydrogen hub, incorporating solar power, green hydrogen production and refueling facility for transportation
- Working with our strategic offshore wind partner in the US, Equinor, to finance the delivery of 4.4GW of clean electricity across four East Coast sites
- Working with our partner EnBW to finance the delivery of 5.9GW of clean electricity from offshore wind sites in the Irish Sea and North Sea
- Supported LSbp’s $1.8bn credit and trade finance facility to help fuel its new global solar power growth strategy of developing 25GW by 2025
- Delivered the €4bn external financing of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline and the subsequent $0.5bn re-financing of bp’s share of the Trans Anatolian Pipeline to bring Azerbaijan gas to European markets
This role will allow you to be part of bp’s ambitious strategy of ‘performing while transforming’ to a net zero company. It will provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to develop and lead innovative funding solutions that support ground-breaking energy initiatives. Our global model will enable you to have the chance to work on transactions in different geographies suiting your skills and ambition.
Key responsibilities will include:
- working closely with the bp’s teams of low carbon energy, hydrocarbon operation and production, convenience and mobility and trading to support their growth and manage financial risks and exposures of their investments
- collaboration with professionals in other functions such as tax and legal to manage corporate structure, the intra-group funding, and the repatriation of dividends of the assigned bp legal entities worldwide
- playing an active role in building relationships with external financial institutions, including key international banks and multilaterals
- providing financial structuring and advisory support to M&A transactions
- developing and implementing processes that will support the team’s ways of working
We are looking for individuals with strong financial acumen and relationship management skills. You will need to be able to negotiate and influence without authority. You should be a self-starter with excellent project management skills, able to bring transparency to ambiguous situations and guide a way forward.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree with experience working in a corporate or financial services environment, a good understanding of corporate finance theory, domestic/international trade and project financing sources and structures, economic evaluation methodologies, risk and risk management tools and/or data analytics. You will have knowledge of various underlying contractual frameworks and the impact of commercial contracts on the bankability of projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations!