The Completions Technical Authority is a senior level role with focus to improve the safety of front line workers and bpx operations through the development and implementation of Wells Policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Act as the bpx SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the BPX Wells Policy; verify compliance
- Review and facilitate Deviations from BPX Wells Policy; maintain log and working notes
- Support development, review and agree Basis of Design, changes and participate in Risk Assessments
- Facilitate update to the BPX Wells Policy
- Provide completions related technical capabilities to support daily operations
- Develop completions Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Design training course for completions SOPs
- Deliver training course for new hires and refresher courses
- Develop exams/quizzes for initial/refresher courses
- Work with technical writer on maintaining SOP to bpx’s standard
- Work with IT on delivering an electronic version of the SOP to the field
- Conduct quarterly standards meeting for designated SOP
- Conduct field assessments of personnel utilizing SOPs
- Develop and improve field assessment program
- Work with investigators on recommendations for SOP revision; learning and actions
- Work to balance BPX Wells Policy requirements between SOP and well specific procedures (WSP) documents
- Facilitate incorporation of changes to BPX policy, API, or BP RP documents into bpx SOP
- Coordinate with BP group SME, HSE and S&OR counterparts to provide technical, safety, and
- policy expertise, as needed, to BPX Drilling, Completion, and Integrity functions
- Act as the champion for BP Connexus and WC Community of Practice learnings.
- Help facilitate learnings exchange between BPX and BP.
Essential EducationEssential Experience and Job Requirements
- Minimum fifteen years of relevant industry experience
- Working knowledge of Eagleford, Permian and Hainsville Areas
- Engineering and Operational leadership of Well Interventions and Completions
- Leading workover rigs, coil tubing, snubbing operations
- Working knowledge of Landmark or equivalent modeling software
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $175,100-$232,677
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This vacancy has been posted internally in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy, which expects all employees to be in role for a minimum of 2 years before considering another position. If you have recently been placed in a new role as part of Reinvent, you will need to attach line manager approval to your application for any position. (https://myhr.bp.com/plus/myhr/career/cr-resourcing/Documents/talent-acquisition-policy.pdf