Responsible for advising the businesses and functions on ethics and compliance initiatives and adherence to policy regarding supply and trading activities, using sound technical knowledge and experience to ensure conformance to all related internal and external trading policies and regulations and to help embed the BP ethics and compliance culture in all trading operations.
Ethics & Compliance plays a critical role in bp's management of significant risks and is an area where bp is recognized as a leader internationally.
About the role
A Compliance Advisor for Analytics & Innovation is a key member of the Ethics & Compliance (E&C) Trading & Shipping (T&S) team. The purpose of the E&C T&S team is to promote compliance with externally defined laws and regulations, the bp Code of Conduct, Global Trading Guidelines and other internal bp policies and procedures, through the development, implementation, and maintenance of a program consistent with group ethics & compliance strategy. This role supports E&C T&S globally by helping deliver technologically advanced efficiencies, tools, and solutions in the areas of surveillance and regulatory compliance.
In this role you will
- Develop and drive technological solutions intended to improve and build upon and/or replace current surveillance tools
- Identify opportunities to improve reporting and look for synergies or trends globally or across commodities
- Provide support for business integrity (BI) and E&C T&S inquiries and in the event of a major inquiry or investigation, providing surge bandwidth to the regional compliance teams
- Assist in augmenting and supporting the training and capability of E&C T&S personnel performing trade analytics
Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Acute understanding of the monitoring, analytics, and reporting tools used by compliance organizations in highly regulated areas
- Proven track record of developing and delivering technical solutions, tools, and dashboards
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, exchange rules, relevant laws and internal policies
- Knowledge and experience using Artificial Intelligence, automation, and/or machine learning
- Knowledge and understanding of traded products, markets and strategies, both physical and paper based trading
- Innovative, creative, and incisive, with excellent analytical, technical, reporting, and computing skills
- Creating and managing compliance information & performance reporting showing integrity, courage, and sound judgment about compliance & ethics
- Effective communication skills to engage leadership, with the ability and self-confidence to respectfully challenge, seek proactive pragmatic solutions and contribute to complex issues
- Self-starter with advanced technical knowledge and ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy applying effective prioritization, analytical problem-solving and planning skills
- Cultural/geopolitical awareness with ability to role model bp’s values & behaviors
- Experience with Magna, Scila, Power BI, Palantir, Python and/or similar systems
Why join us?
If you want to help us mitigate risks, advise entire teams and connect with some of the world’s best talent, apply now! As part of E&C, you’ll have an impact on our entire business.
At bp, we believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life, including a generous paid parental leave policy and excellent retirement benefits, among others!