At bp, we have only one thing on our minds: the energy of tomorrow. We want to reimagine energy so that we are climate neutral by 2050 at the latest. And so that the world can be as well. To achieve this, we are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. Every day, with the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people - today and in the future.
The role of the Construction Management Discipline Lead - Europe is to drive standardization and continuous improvement for the discipline, promote knowledge sharing among the discipline members, manage career development of the discipline to grow capability of the organization and supports business prioritization and technical verification.
- This position will report to the Discipline Manager and manage a team of Construction Managers and Construction Specialists located at various European Refineries.
- Manage and execute the Construction Management discipline vision, strategy, and functional priorities
- Improve functional excellence and continuously improve the health of the discipline.
- Builds strong capability in Construction Management through training, coaching and mentoring, including development and competency assessment of all Construction Management professionals.
- Drive full Project life cycle engagement with the Construction Management discipline, including championing the Construction driven Engineering philosophy through constructability in Front End Loading (FEL), execution readiness assessments, field HSSE performance, cost and schedule adherence.
- Drive the interface and working relationships with other disciplines and teams to improve processes, resolve conflicting priorities and ensure adherence to efficient best project practices.
What we offer:
- University degree in Construction Management/Engineering/Technical Field and/or proven construction management work experience.
- Extensive Construction Management experience in Refining or comparable heavy industry.
- Experience monitoring, coordinating & managing a team of Construction professionals.
- Ability to provide technical coaching/mentoring to experienced professionals within the Construction Management discipline.
- Thorough understanding of construction planning and schedule development.
- Knowledge of and experience with a stage gated project execution process.
- Understanding of Front-End Loading (FEL) concepts, engineering, project development, constructability and project controls.
- Knowledge of Construction safety, including risk identification and mitigation, in the project development as well as execution phases of a Project.
- Experience of projects and turnaround integration and execution.
- Capability to provide high level Construction Management for a large portfolio of projects across multiple sites.
- Experienced in contracting strategies and long-term demand planning.
- Experience managing Contractors at the field and executive level.
- Strong organization, teamwork, and communication skills and awareness of agile ways of working.
- Preferred background and experience in previous bp projects.
- German language proficiency would be desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitalised, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of annual leave
- Attractive compensation package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Structured onboarding programme and buddy support
- Subsidised canteen as well as hot drinks and water for free
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to charitable organisations and rewards voluntary time commitment
- Employees can offset their personal carbon footprint; bp doubles this amount
- Programmes to improve the work-life balance