Site Projects will be responsible, as part of an integrated team, for all aspects of Construction including managing safety, strategy, administration of the Construction technical details, schedule and budgetary performance for an assigned suite of Projects, while efficiently maximizing the use of bp's capital. These Projects will be delivered in a Refining environment, typically while working around live operating units
Key Outcomes and Accountabilities
- Ensures that construction activity is safely executed. Including assuring compliance with Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies and also bp safe working principles/standards.
- Ensures construction reviews, work packages, method statements and risk assessments are of appropriate standards.
- Provide construction input as needed during front-end-loading (FEL) to build schedules, verify estimates and provide Construction expertise to support the Construction driven Engineering philosophy.
- Ensures construction framework includes project/constructability reviews to identify and mitigate project construction risks through inherently safer design and front-end loading of site activities.
- Endorses project readiness to proceed through Go/No Go meetings with recognition of risks or recommends rescheduling until risks are mitigated.
- Monitor all construction activity performed by construction contractors to ensure that cost and schedule performance targets are met as planned and that their work is in accordance with work packages, specifications, and good practices.
- Interface as necessary with Contractor Field Supervisors to ensure safety, quality and efficient delivery of projects.
- Looks for execution efficiencies that can be safely adopted to increase predictability of site execution and minimize excess spend.
- Actively seeks out new safer and more efficient technologies for construction.
- Ensure Construction Lessons Learned are captured for feedback to future Projects.
- Experience managing Construction activities in Refining or heavy industry
- B.S. in Construction Management or Engineering/Technical Field, or equivalent work experience
- Thorough understanding of Construction planning and schedule development
- Solid critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
You will be part of a diverse and driven team working directly with Project Managers, Engineering, Projects Controls (Estimating, Cost, Scheduling), Operations, Maintenance and Contractors. The team works hard, is self motivated and we celebrate our successes.
At bp, we provide the following environment and benefits to you:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Learning opportunities and other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life and health insurance, medical care package
- And many other benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to request any accommodations.
Site Projects will be responsible, as part of an integrated team, for all aspects of Construction including managing safety, strategy, administration of the Construction technical details, schedule and budgetary performance for an assigned suite of Projects, while efficiently maximizing the use of bp's capital. These Projects will be delivered in a Refining environment, typically while working around live operating units.