Responsible for delivering accounting and reporting services, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of accounting policy application, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
Accounting, Reporting and Control Advisor
The successful candidate will be part of the Mauritania & Senegal (M&S) ARC team with responsibility for delivering month and quarter end reporting and will be encouraged to apply sound technical and commercial judgement to ensure the integrity and effectiveness of IFRS accounting policy application, compliance with PSC (Production Sharing Contract) reporting, internal control, financial reporting, accounting systems support and delivery of financial accounting processes in conformance with BP's systems and requirements.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to play a key role in delivering high quality financial reporting and control activities in the M&S Region. In particular, the Greater Tortue Ahmeyim (GTA) Project which is currently under construction is made up of the deepest subsea infrastructure in Africa, an offshore breakwater/hub designed to shelter the Floating LNG vessel (FLNG) from prevailing weather and ocean conditions, and a floating gas liquefaction and oil production and storage (FPSO) vessel. bp and our partners are making a significant investment to bring the GTA project on-stream. It contains an estimated 15 Tcf of gas – which has the potential to turn the Greater Tortue area into a world-class oil and gas basin.
- Delivery of timely and accurate month and quarter end financial reporting in accordance with the Group Reporting Manual (GRM) and any other relevant policy and procedures
- A key requirement to deliver the above is the ability to work with, mentor and support our dedicated Global Business Services (GBS) team
- Handle the month end accruals process and ensuring the accuracy of Value of Work Done (VOWD) submissions from Business groups such as the Tortue Projects team, Global Solutions etc
- Preparation of the monthly Cash call estimate for the Tortue Project including review with Project Services and Planning team and provide analysis of the monthly Cash Capex actuals
- Develop effective working relationships with internal and external partners to support the simplification and standardisation of accounting and reporting processes, ensuring conformance to internal controls and external reporting.
- Support the delivery of process improvements, new business activities, working with team members to implement continuous improvement plans and improve reporting capabilities, whilst ensuring best practice is shared
- Provide analysis and support in response to Cost Recovery, JV and Tax audits
- Support GBS and the M&S Area Controller in the review and sign off of the UK statutory accounts and Tax packs
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, or any other equivalent degree
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience in financial reporting and internal control experience
- Strong numerical, analytical skills and business acumen
- Self-starter with proven capability to handle multiple priorities and with a strong track record of delivery
- Good communication skills with partners and peers, with the ability to work and influence at all levels
- Understanding of key control processes and BP’s group reporting and control requirements
- Knowledge in SAP and FBW
- Financial reporting and control experience in the energy industry
- Good technical capability with new digital solutions such as PowerApps and PowerBI
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.