The Subsea Engineering ICE field supports projects to deliver subsea hardware. We also support the development and application of subsea technology and the provision of subsea aftermarket services. We currently support multiple projects and operations in the North Sea, Angola, Azerbaijan and Mauritania & Senegal Regions.
You will be part of a Flow-to-Work team support ongoing projects in the Eastern Hemisphere and be responsible for the engineering and delivery (specification, design, procurement, verification, manufacturing, validation) of subsea production system hardware and services, specifically subsea controls systems. In addition to subsea control and instrumentation hardware, the control systems scope includes the engineering and delivery of subsea related topside hardware and control system software.
The role will include:
This is what we expect from you:
- Provide leadership in demonstrating BP’s dedication to our policy of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment
- Performance manages equipment suppliers for assigned subsea controls packages
- Interface management between suppliers, BP functional teams (Project teams, S&OR, PSCM, HSSE, Quality etc)
Here's what we absolutely need from you:
- Executing of scope delivery within the agreed cost and schedule targets, including meticulous management of change
- Be responsible for the assurance of the design of the subsea control system and that the equipment meets the requirements of the project basis of design and functional specifications.
- Managing the scope of supply, including thorough scope management of change, including action closure associated to the MOC, e.g. concessions, deviations, variation orders, and risks
- To with SPS supplier were required by the project to bring any technical issues related to the subsea control equipment to resolution
- Be responsible for ensuring execution of BP technical assurance process e.g. Design reviews, TRAP, etc. for the subsea control equipment in scope
- Identifying and managing the risk associated with the engineering and delivery subsea controls packages
- Ensuring the implementation of the design verification plan in the assigned subsea controls package
- Participating in HAZOP's, LOPA, and other project design assurance activities as requested
- Providing technical support during the execution of equipment FAT, FIT and SIT Testing
What we would like you to have:
- At least 7 years of experience in engineering and delivery of subsea controls and/or automation engineering, project management or operations
- Knowledge of control system interfaces with other SPS fields such as well completions, subsea systems and topsides as well as knowledge of concepts and systems for subsea developments, together with a familiarity of the challenges of subsea environments
- Experience in commissioning and starting up subsea systems
- A Certification of Project Management
- Chartered Engineering certification
- Strong proven leadership skills with the ability to perform duties with minimum supervision
- Strong social skills with experience influencing project teams and contractors
- Strong partnership skills with experience in working with engineers and multi-discipline team
- Able to connect with and manage partners at multiple levels in the organisation, comfortable communicating with senior leaders.
- Proven track record of quickly learning and developing on the job to fill any skills gaps.
- Being able to prioritise
- Excellent one team behaviours
- Cultural proficiency, self-awareness and ability to work in multidimensional cultural environments
- Proficiency in MS office tools
- Motivated to develop out of the role in the future.
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!