At bp, we have only one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate-neutral by 2050 at the latest. We are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our approximately 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people every day – today and in the future.
The role is part of a dynamic and agile procurement team reporting directly to the Procurement Supply Facing Senior Manager Convenience Retail. It is accountable for input into the development of transformative procurement strategies, based on supply market expertise and intimate knowledge of current and future business needs. It works in close collaboration with the business trading teams across Europe to identify and on-board convenience opportunities and suppliers to support growth and ensure saving delivery. The role develops and/or assists in strategies and plans to deliver sustainable reduction in the cost of goods and services in line with financial plans. It is accountable for sourcing, negotiation, and contracting activity for Convenience and supports the procurement global category teams and business category teams with range reviews, new product development, and supplier performance management.
Category Strategy and Implementation
- Ability to have one eye on ‘global’ and one eye on ‘local’ – work with global procurement counterparts as part of a global network to identify global opportunities whilst ensuring consistent local application through the category strategy within the business M&C ROO.
- Working with the business interface resources in the procurement organisation to ensure consistency and alignment of messages. Ensuring that category specific content (e.g. status updates, market insights etc.) are shared with the business interface organisation, and that the business insights brought by the business interface organisation are fully reflected in category strategies and implementation
Sourcing and Supplier Management
- Realize the business and procurement team strategies in the Convenience space (Merchandise for Resale) through robust sourcing and contracting initiatives with focus on food for now/food for later
- Develop knowledge of the convenience retail business and strategy, the supply market, key dynamics and latest thinking within the field, develop clear view of supply market analysis and segmentation.
- Oversee effective contract management, performance reporting, monitoring and managing escaped spend where it occurs
- Assist in developing the sourcing framework in conjunction with the retail category team and in line with agreed business and procurement category strategies. Deliver category sourcing and support supplier negotiations.
- Ensure application of appropriate contractual terms for all supply contracts, in line with standard procurement processes. Ensures that bp’s intellectual property is protected and that risks associated with food safety are appropriately managed contractually. Support business in compliance with contractual terms and management of contracts through application of performance tracking and monitoring processes, linking into strategic supplier management where appropriate.
- Links in with the business calendar of range and product reviews, as well as the product development pipeline, and plays a key role in the commercial negotiations in support of the category strategy.
- Responsible for the Value Delivery in the assigned Category in line with overall regional plan targets.
- Support coordination of interests between a local, operative country perspective and an international, strategic sourcing perspective, leveraging BP’s scope and scale to the wider benefit of BP.