At bp, we're striving to meet the growing global demand for safe, sustainable and affordable energy. A career in production & operations is an opportunity to help shape the future of bp. As part of the team, you’ll partner with the business to support the delivery of strong financial awareness and cost management.
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for a Cost Performance Lead role at our Toledo Refinery. This is a key role standing at the interface between Finance and the budget owners with the focus on cost analytics and reporting aimed at managing costs and performance. The applicant will be responsible for delivering financial forecasting, analysis and insights as well as other financial performance activities, using sound technical capabilities to ensure the business transactions and results of the reporting entity are recorded, reported and forecasted with integrity, in a timely manner and in conformance with Group accounting policies and control standards.
The successful candidate will hold the following accountabilities
Essential Education and ExperienceA Bachelors in a finance or technical field is helpful, but experience is what matters most. Having a consistent track record in working closely with budget owners and a keen interest in understanding the business.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Support one operating refinery for all cost performance management
- Support Regional Leadership Team and site in recognizing opportunities to improve overall financial performance delivery which is aligned to forward strategic plans
- Optimize and improve standard monthly cost MI to provide asset/function/team level insight of underlying performance and cost performance delivery risk/opportunity areas and monitor site interventions
- Work with local Refining budget owners to embed common process model and promote adoption of tool set across the site
- Implement finance processes for the business in support of Refining planning and performance activities
- Financialise business inputs to finance processes and provide MI reporting
- Provide insights to the business through partnering relationship to deliver business improvement and to optimise and protect value
- Focus on Refining cost analytics
- Conduct analytical deep dives on specific performance issues
- Work with Planning & Performance Management (PPM) analysts and Global Business Services (GBS) to support preparation of standard cost analysis with a One Finance team mindset
- Execute cost analysis for one operating refinery following new common process model and tool set
- Provide analytics-led insights to Refinery budget holders in support of performance reviews to deliver business improvement and optimize and protect value, including identifying and implementing response options
- Connectivity with Refining PPM to support MI analysis and preparation of Solomon data
- Demonstrated financial competence.
- Experience with major finance systems (i.e. SAP, Maximo) and reporting/dashboard tools (i.e. PowerBI).
- Curiosity to understand the ‘why’ as well as flexibility to respond in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret & communicate cost drivers/results to multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic, internal drive, wiliness to learn and develop.