Responsible for managing a team to deliver strategic security management programmes that are targeted to add value, thereby contributing to best-in-class security and business performance, whilst ensuring compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements in order to strengthen safe, reliable and compliant operations across BP.
Essential Education :
- Take the lead on wider / cross-entity security issues across Indonesia. In particular, to provide management oversight and reporting of security issues which occur across the cluster which may be of importance or relevance to bp operations.
- Provide leadership and management of the Business Security Managers (BSM) and Business Security Representatives (BSR) at each business. In particular provide detailed technical security advice to ensure the required barrier strength is maintained and risk is mitigated in accordance with risk appetite.
- Coordinate information exchange with the BSMs and BSRs in relation to security threats. In particular to facilitate interaction with the ISC Intelligence Analysts and other sources of information in order to develop a detailed understanding of the threat picture which applies to bp’s businesses.
- Deliver security risk management for all applicable sites and business activities within Indonesia. In particular to work with the BSM and BSRs and assist with and oversee the completion of risk assessments and associated management plans, in order to help build provide data for the bp security risk picture.
- Deliver day to day assurance of security barriers. In particular to work with the BSMs and BSRs and provide an independent view of security for sites across the cluster in order to assure security barriers are implemented in accordance to threat and bp’s policy.
- Coordinate and lead external security stakeholder management within Indonesia
- The CSM is a leading member of the APAC Security LT, in particular to shape and drive the development of security policy, solutions and projects across the region and to take the lead / contribute to security projects, which the Regional Security Senior Manager (RSSM) will from time to time delegate as required.
Essential Experiences & Job Requirements :
- A bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Speak and write English well with an emphasis on persuasive communication.
Desirable Criteria :
- Security threat assessment and risk management of higher risk business activities within the extractive industry – oil & gas / mining
- Effective leader and communicator in high level internal and external meetings involving senior leadership
- Comfortable working with various security risk management tools
- Solid grounding in the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights and Ethics & Compliance principles and practices
- Strong skills in developing security strategy and implementing physical security practices and technical security
- Experience in developing policies, protocols, and exercising training to ensure compliance and preparedness.
- Experience working with local and national enforcement agencies; experience with international agencies preferred.
- Experience with the creation of budgets, business cases to support expenditure, & capital project management.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a security role with responsibility for managing multiple sites across a national level business.
- Membership of an appropriate professional security body or strong network with relevant government agencies
- Practitioner of agile way of workings
- Passionate about personal development and team development