Job Family Group:
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
From the deep sea to the desert, from rigs to fuel retail sites and research centers, bp delivers light, heat, and mobility solutions for a changing world. In our Global Business Services offices in Budapest we provide services to move our business forward. As we are continuously growing we look for experienced professionals to contribute to our success.
Join our Customer function team as a
Credit & Collection Analyst - French-speaking
Customer teams are taking care of sales support processes, account management, order taking, invoicing, cash collection, the credit assessment, pricing, service request management, and supply chain management activities.
If you join our team You will be responsible for:
Perform credit assessments of the customers based on the Credit Policy and Delegation of Authority by:
- analyze the financial performance of the customer
- make the right and timely conclusion and decision (risk rating, credit limit)
- define the overall need and type of collaterals for individual customers and lead right handling for these collaterals
- prepare high quality assessments above the own Delegation of Authority for further approval
- take decision to block / unblock customers from delivery
- continuous monitoring of customers via alerts, credit limit utilization and overdue invoices
- be able to identify key, strategic or high-risk business customers and issues and take actions together with the relevant partners
- investigate and analyze portfolio trends, assess root causes and make suggestions on risk mitigations and improvements
- Create the aging report from SAP by using Excel and Power BI on a regular basis
- Coordinate and support our collection processes by collaborating with the customers, sales, accounting teams and other partners
- Represent team interests and goals both externally and internally, negotiate and define actions in case of late payers to avoid bad debt cases
- Minimize overdue invoices daily but with special focus on month-end results
- Supervise incoming payments and advise accounting team if reconciliation is needed
- Analyze late payment patterns retroactively to improve our process
- Support the management to understand overdue status by preparing high quality materials
- Identify and submit doubtful invoices
- Be aligned with the credit policy, standard operating procedures and other requirements
In the Credit & Collection Analyst role we have the following requirements:
- Fluent English and Intermediate French knowledge is a must, other European language (Spanish, Portuguese, German, Dutch, Polish) knowledge is an advantage
- At least 2 years of experience in an international Accounts Receivable, Collection or Credit department
- User-level SAP knowledge is an advantage
- Ability to deal with complex situations while maintaining the right balance of customer and business focus
- Ability to contribute to cash targets and lead our people and processes involved in Collection
- Proactivity, great communication and interpersonal skills
- University Degree or equivalent experience in Economics is preferred
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 3 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most attractive employer 2021 Award, based on the PwC annual research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
Relocation may be negotiable for this role
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.