Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fueled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader! In partnership, the production learning team and the production community identify and define skills based on current and future needs for 8,000+ learners. We work collaboratively to provide a variety of learning solutions, resources and tools to help develop skills.
About the role
This is a meaningful role providing day to day management of CCM & ER resources, delivering high quality output in support of effective risk management and crisis preparedness within the Latin America Region. This incorporates all aspects of crisis and continuity management to ensure full compliance with both bp’s defined practices and in country regulatory requirements.
In addition to the normal duties within the LATAM, the manager will be an integral part of the Western Hemisphere regional leadership team and there will be opportunities to lead on projects which have a regional and possibly global remit. For 2022-2023 this will include the Canada drilling campaign.
- The candidate will be a leading member of the team who will be accountable and responsible for the support and delivery of all crisis, continuity management, and emergency response programs in the LATAM Region. Manage and provide input into the entity risk assessment process with respect to crisis management, business continuity, emergency response, and oil spill risks.
- Leads the team and role models bp’s values and behaviors, ethics, and compliance, whilst demonstrating strong performance management concepts through assessing organizational capability, providing individual gap analysis, career development planning, mentoring, and coaching to all direct reports. Ensures the development, implementation and maintenance of CCM&ER response programs and response plans in alignment with Group Defined Practice and OMS principles.
- Sets direction, provides professional mentorship, support and advice during a response, and ensures that there is an appropriate program of training and exercises to maintain both capability of the CCM&ER team and all other response personnel, including the incident management, business support & country support team at site.
- Ensures an effective lesson learned process is placed to gather improvements identified during exercises and actual responses. Fully accountable for liaison with ISC leadership to gain agreement on any gap closure plans. Owns the implementation of the self-verification process for CCM&ER within the asset and verifies that the relevant staff/contractors operate to a consistent set of policies and procedures, while implementing their own self-verification plans.
- Accountable for CCM&ER budget, acts as Contract Accountable Manager (CAM) for relevant CCM&ER contractors and owns the sourcing of material, equipment, personnel and supplies vital to implement the CCM&ER plans, oil spill preparedness and response. Maintains strong communication and builds relationships with key internal and external partners e.g. ISC and business leadership, HSE&C in region, regulatory and government agencies where required.
- Works with the LATAM countries to build BCM programs that include the PITO scope. Works closely with ISC colleagues to handle the Security risks in Region.
Spanish is preferred for this role.
Why join us
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.