Responsible for providing dedicated procurement, programme and stakeholder management support for the hub or at site, based on advanced procurement management knowledge, conducting day-to-day (non-category aligned) procurement execution activities in order to meet the Service Level Agreements and Operational Level Agreements for procurement operations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Procurement Services Advisor to join our team to play a role in bp Reinvent, acting as a trusted universal partner to Customer & Product businesses and brands by rapidly resourcing and optimally using agile talent to discover, develop, and efficiently deliver the maximum value to bp through expanded networks and dedicated prioritisation!
This role will require you to apply an agile approach, quickly adapting to new tasks and categories working with variety of Supply and Business Facing teams on category strategy development and implementation in support of bp’s aims and ambitions. Tasks may vary from performing analysis and co-ordinating key inputs e.g. supply market analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking to implementation of a category strategy at a site / market level by managing the localisation of the category strategy and purchasing guidance to agreed timelines, and supplier management activities.
- Support the Supply Facing teams to lead the interface between category strategy development and implementation by the delivery organisation, working in partnership with Sourcing and Contracting, Global Business Services (GBS), Business Facing and Business teams
- Develop communication content to ensure the accurate messaging (such as status, plans, compliance, and market insights) is effectively disseminated across the organisation, including the business interface organisation
- Be an advocate for our objective of no compromise on safe and compliant operations
- Provide specialist Procurement and category advice and guidance to the business.
- Mentorship to less experienced members of the team
- Lead the development on category strategies for low complexity categories (dependent on category scope and seniority of Advisor)
- Manage inputs to the development of category and sourcing strategies i.e. supply market analysis, cost modelling and benchmarking
- Collaboration with the global Supply Facing teams to support the development of new and innovative global sources of supply, and work with the Business Facing organisation to help build understanding and support for new sources of supply in the business
- Support Supply teams by managing category strategy implementation activities including localisation of category strategies and contract management
- Support Supply Facing teams to ensure timeliness and quality of all contracts required for safe, compliant, and reliable business operations
- Ensure compliance in line with BP policies such as risk management, delegation of authority and functional guidelines
- Accountable for value delivery tracking from your activities
- Working with the Business Facing teams, routinely communicating with integrity across key business stakeholders to align the strategic intent of the relevant category strategy and the regional/local business needs
- Extensive experience in sourcing and procurement positions, including multinational environments
- Proficiency in English
- Demonstrated experience at delivering business benefits to an organisation
- Excellent time-management and task prioritisation skills
- Knowledge of the procurement process
- Understanding of supply markets
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience is required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job. Application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.