We are seeking an Information Security Engineering Lead with strong technical expertise in Big Data, who is interested in joining this new squad to help build and operate this service and the underlying products. As a key member of this team, you will be working as part of the small empowered, customer-centric squad to deliver this consolidated, easy to use data platform for reporting and analytics of security datasets.
About the job:
The Security Data Service team’s mission is to empower its customers to understand and improve the security posture of BP by providing a consolidated, easy to use data platform for reporting and analytics
As the Engineering Lead, you will ensure alignment to policies, standards and best practices; provide technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders. Using advanced technical capabilities to lead changes to security processes and procedures, to review complex security issues and lead security solutions. Responsible for delivering information security and risk activities for Information Security Engineering.
Strong rapport with others will drive innovative initiatives, liaising with teams across BP, to advise on information security and risks. Along with influence to inspire change in a positive and impactful way.
You will champion a culture of operational safety and ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance and improve our digital security
Your technical skills include:
- Building Azure Data Factory ingestion pipelines and ETL jobs to consume data feeds from security source systems (e.g. Nanologs, Azure feeds, O365, AD etc.)
- Using Azure Databricks or Azure Data Explorer to convert and stage feeds for use in production
- Designing and implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) solution using BP standards for the squad.
- Creation and managing of data pipelines, transformation and storage.
- Build monitoring and alerting mechanisms for data pipelines and transformation.
- Developing data products incrementally, integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources.
- Building flexible data APIs that support the ingestion, or consumption needs of the data lake and its customers.
- Leading conversations around how we derive value out of our data and enable operational excellence.
- Managing infrastructure for Big Data and data pipelines.
And your experience will be:
- Extensive experience of developing using the Azure and AWS analytics components including Azure / AWS Data Lake, Power BI, Data Factory, HDInsight, SQL DB/DW and SSIS.
- Extensive experience in ETL Tooling in Azure, AWS and Palantir cloud environments
- Experience in DevOps on Azure and AWS cloud environments.
- Fully conversant with Agile and DevOps development methodology and concepts as applied to data driven analytics projects. Including CI/CD Coding, security testing best practice and standards.
- Experience with designing, building, and operating analytics solutions using Azure, AWS, or Palantir cloud technologies.
- Data Management experience e.g. data profiling, large volume data handling
- Experience in automated data driven testing
- Scripting Languages: Python, C#, Java, PowerShell (at least one of them)
- DB Programming: relational dbs (SQL) , nonrelational (NoSQL,MongoDB, Cassandra)
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many others benefits!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.