As part of the Data Platforms team, the Enterprise Data Architect position contributes to the overall BPX Data Platform Strategy. We are seeking an experienced Enterprise Data Architect to work with us to help design the data ecosystem of the future. BPX is using Data to propel the organization forward by improving customer value and experience. You will be responsible for defining the company wide Cloud Data Architecture direction within the data ecosystem in line with agreed business standards and strategy. BPX is a highly agile and flexible organization that achieves a considerable amount with a very lean administration so you must be self-motivated, task and results orientated.
- Define and manage a clear & strategic Data Architecture roadmap in alignment with the wider IT organization and business vision.
- Partner with colleagues in the business to understand how data architecture can be leveraged to achieve business objectives.
- Assess digital technology proposals to ensure compliance with data architecture principles and standards and alignment with the data architecture vision.
- Define and manage the enterprise data landscape including internal and external applications and data stores, data authoring solutions, and data sharing networks.
- Partner with security, network, platform, and solution architects to define and ensure data architecture and digital technology solution alignment with the enterprise architecture.
- Partner with data engineers to define and enforce standards and design patterns that promote solid data architecture practices.
- Partner with data scientists and optimization engineers to understand and satisfy demand for raw and curated data needed for analytics, machine learning, and operations improvement initiatives.
- Identify important potential technologies and approaches to address current and future Data needs, as well as leading the definition of standards and best-practice, for their use.
- Be knowledgeable of industry trends and best practices, advising senior management on new and improved data engineering cloud strategies that will drive departmental performance leading to improvement in overall improvement in data governance across the business, promoting informed decision-making, and ultimately improving overall business performance.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar technical degree, or equivalent work experience
- Significant experience in the capacity of Enterprise Architect or Data Architect, with extensive experience leading Information/ Data Architecture across an organization.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in IT/Data & Analytics with 7+ years of Data Engineering and/or Data Architect experience.
- Strong knowledge of architecture methodologies, principles, and frameworks, ideally PPDM, and has practical experience of defining technology domain roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience working in large-scale data environments which included real-time and batch processing requirements.
- Ability to work at various levels, including business process, data architecture, data integration, and data tools/platforms.
- Proficient in Information modelling using tools and techniques which can be used to document an understanding of the structure, relationships, and use of information within an organization.
- Experience with Big Data technologies, visualization and reporting tools, data profiling analysis and transformation & experience with Cloud Data technologies, solutions, and future Cloud Data Strategies.
We offer a reward and wellbeing package to enable your work to fit with your life. These can include, but not limited to, access to health, vision and dental insurance, flexible working schedule, paid time off policy, discretionary annual bonus program, long-term incentive program, and a generous 401K matching program. How much do we pay (Base)? $139920-206700 *Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
This vacancy has been posted internally in accordance with our Talent Acquisition Policy, which expects all employees to be in role for a minimum of 2 years before considering another position. If you have recently been placed in a new role as part of Reinvent, you will need to attach line manager approval to your application for any position. (https://myhr.bp.com/plus/myhr/career/cr-resourcing/Documents/talent-acquisition-policy.pdf