About the role
It’s all about the data! There is no surprise that data is a seamless fabric that pervades every corner of our planet, making it the most valuable renewable resource. Data’s value stems from its potential to be distilled into an essential commodity. In its most refined state, data can be transformed into knowledge which powers decision making and provides opportunities for operational efficiencies and increased revenue.
Come blaze passion into designing, building, and integrating big data with the Data Engineering team to help make data and its pipelines more useful to the enterprise. Supercharge your human operating system and learning capacity while experimenting with new technology products, building, and maintaining data structures and architecture for data ingestion and processing. You’ll learn techniques, approaches and help develop technology products that enable data discovery, visualization, and insights.
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
- Apply your insatiable curiosity to create data ingestion patterns and deliver data to consumers
- Develop queries or algorithms to ingest data from various sources into a cloud-based environment and data ecosystem
- Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data
- Assist in preparing big data infrastructure for large-scale data intensive applications
- Optimize and engineer cloud architectures, data storage technologies
- Activate your limitless potential in designing, building, and testing data products, scripts or connectors for advanced analytics
- Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Must be in final year, graduating by May 2022
- No sponsorship available for this position
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related technical or business field
- Experience designing, testing, optimizing, and troubleshooting ETL solutions.
- Experience writing software in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala).
- Experience database technologies and SQL.
- Experience designing data architecture, APIs and system integration.
- Experience large scale distributed data processing, including familiarity with NoSQL databases.
- Experience cloud computing, like Azure, AWS.
- Proficiency in all aspects of software development cycle.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work using the agile scrum, kanban or agile framework
- Self-motivated with an enthusiastic and proactive, passionate approach to learn and inspire
- Be an imaginative / creative problem solver
- Energetic communicator open to co-create and collaborate on a cross-functional team