From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
This role will focus on driving business ownership and stewardship of data across GBS and the broader Finance function. This involves working with key stakeholders to build a business glossary (incl. definitions / quality criteria) and forming Data Governance Committees to drive support and alignment.
The scope of this role covers data at the point of creation through to its enrichment and consumption within reporting and analytics. It is critical this role is executed collaboratively with other discipline leads within the Data Management function.
Responsible for supporting various business activities through the development of performance reporting with relevant business context through various reporting methods to drive business interventions to improve value delivery and using sound technical capabilities, identify process improvement opportunities, including the development of metrics and reporting to realize improvement potential, and support/manage teams delivering the prioritized initiatives/projects, from design through to implementation to help the organization achieve its initiatives.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Global Solutions combines various processes ranging from global transformation delivery, project and programme portfolio management, change management, template, business process management, automation centre of excellence, global data management and others.
Join our Data Analytics Services (DAS) Function and advance your career as a Data Governance Lead!
In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Drive ownership and adoption of accountabilities for data within the custodianship of DAS
- Work with change projects and data modelling teams to identify business domains and candidate owners
- Own Data Owner engagement, secures nominations for Data Stewards and their time commitment
- Drive the creation of candidate business definitions and secure sign-off with data owners and at Data Governance Committees
- Run and maintain data governance forums resolving disputes and ensuring data has distinct definition and ownership
- Establish appropriate Data Governance Committees taking a federated approach where complexity exist for the same topic across multiple geographies (e.g. Tax jurisdictions)
- Drive alignment of standard definitions resolving disputes for common descriptors / terminology
- Support necessary divergence but ensure appropriate documentation, rational and sign-off where this is the case
- Work with Data Governance Committees to determine data quality criticality and focus, collaborating with the Data Quality Lead to turn this into data quality improvement plans
- Be accountable for the maintenance and upkeep of the business glossary / data dictionary incl. standards, quality criteria, criticality and sensitivity
- Drive the creation, upkeep, enablement of easy access and promotion and measurement of the business glossary (aka data dictionary / data catalogue)
- Ensure data standards (definitions, quality criteria etc.) for data mastered within GBS is adopted when consuming across GBS and the broader bp group
- Ensure effective tracking and reporting (# owners, signed off definitions etc.) of data governance progress
- Work with the Risk & Controls team to support resolution of control failures in respect of the Enterprise Report Register (ERR) and any associated ‘path to green’ initiatives
- Oversee, direct colleagues and participate in delivery of data governance activities including creation of data inventories and adherence to data policies and controls
- 5+ years of experience in data governance roles
- Business partnering and engagement at a senior level, highly skilled at persuading, influencing and overcoming objections
- Expert understanding of data governance best practice (incl. modelling, ownership, quality & integration)
- Enterprise data standards (expert level for master, reference, transaction and derived data) including familiarization with industry standards
- Data governance tooling (i.e. Collibra, SAP Metapedia)
- Experience of data policies and controls, metadata, masterdata and embedding data governance activities within BAU
- Detailed exposure to data modelling concepts
- Proficiency in English