From 1 September, Hungary has closed its border to most foreign nationals due to the corona virus pandemic and foreign nationals may be allowed entry only in very limited circumstances.
Please note this job requires onsite presence and we will consider your applications based on the applicable travel rules to Hungary. Please still complete your application, we want to make sure we have your details for when we are through this period.
This role owns the corporate data model and will focus on using the model to facilitate managing data as a reusable asset. This drives consistency of; model, ownership, definition and structure from operational create through to analytic consumption. The role involves making sure data is connected across all layers from concept to business ownership through to physical layers. This is achieved by supporting the incremental creation of a corporate view of data through consistent engagement with data change projects.
Responsible for supporting various business activities through the development of performance reporting with relevant business context through various reporting methods to drive business interventions to improve value delivery and using sound technical capabilities, identify process improvement opportunities, including the development of metrics and reporting to realize improvement potential, and support/manage teams delivering the prioritized initiatives/projects, from design through to implementation to help the organization achieve its initiatives.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Global Solutions combines various processes ranging from global transformation delivery, project and programme portfolio management, change management, template, business process management, automation centre of excellence, global data management and others.
Join our GBS Data and Analytics Services (DAS) Function and advance your career as a Data Modelling Lead!
In this role You will:
- Be responsible for modelling-related frameworks, methods and work products and the overall strategic approach to drive value from modelling
- Establish alignment of technologies to enable record keeping including model management, cataloguing, master, reference and meta data management
- Define roles and responsibilities including hand-offs and controls for all data modelling SMEs and their relationships with interfacing teams
- Define and maintain data modelling related work products as part of the DAS data change methodology
- Represent DAS for all elements of the data model as part of a formal Design Authority providing governance oversight
- Deliver modelling strategies which are optimized for read & write, curated reusable store as well as responsive analytic constructs
- Own and maintain the Business Information Model layer of the corporate data model
- Analyze and group ‘like’ data into business domains
- Identify new candidate data items to be added to the Business Information Model (BIM), recommend candidate data owners through domain modelling
- Build physical models which support delivery of analytics-ready data packets for exploitation in a data science setting
- Design data structures which deliver optimal performance for speed of analytic response
- Set out mappings to the optimum source of reusable data of known quality
- Maintain record keeping which determines ‘best version of truth’ and completeness of definitions and quality characteristics
- Interpret and model inventories of data associated with functions or projects to identify domains and candidate data owners
- Oversee colleagues and participate in delivery of data modelling activities
- Educate key partners on the broader role of the data model and how it can be used most optimally across a data change portfolio
- Engage with IT to avoid a disconnect between a business view of data and the physical view of data structures and application data tables
- Take accountability for the sign-off of data models produced by projects
- Input into and approve data warehouse design including the definition of layers, modelling approach for each and their acceptable use
- Take accountability for resource management of the modelling team
We have the following requirements:
- Core systems experience incl. SAP, iBPM, Oracle
- 5 years+ Enterprise Data Modelling experience across all layers is crucial
- Proficiency in English
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Technology, frameworks & accelerators (ERWIN / Sparks / Zachman / Industry data models)
- Catalogue & metadata management
- Data ownership, stewardship & governance
- Relevant project / change methodology
- Experience across both operational and analytical settings