The Trading Assistant/Deal Entry Analyst will be part of bp’s Trading & Shipping Global Light Ends front office commercial trading team and directly assigned to the NGL trade desk located in Houston, Texas. The position will be primarily responsible for deal capture and deal entry for traders both in the system of record and the trader sheets. This roll will also assist additional bench projects as requested.
This is a dynamic front office position with direct engagement with the trading bench, and can serve as a stepping-stone to a front-line trading role.
• Ensure system of record and trader sheets are promptly updated with new deals including the reconciliation of any discrepancies and follow through to resolution.
• Perform end of day reconciliation between system of record and trader sheets. Also ensure trader marks are properly loaded at end of day.
• Continuously explore and implement ways to improve current processes and ways of working on the trade desk.
• Ability to thoroughly understand and interpret the various deals transacted by the trading team and to question any details that do not look accurate, ensuring BP complies with regulatory deal entry requirements, e.g. timely deal entry and resolution of issues preventing data flow for reporting requirements.
• Ensure deal entry metrics remain in line with KPI expectations, and record explanations as to any deal entry errors.
• Maintain an up-to-date procedures and capture these in the desk manual.
• Act as point of contact for any issues or questions that arise from middle or back office related to deals on the bench.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Knowledge of trading deals and commercial terms
• Ability to work under pressure with specified timelines and due dates
• Attention to detail is key
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Proven interpersonal and communications skills
• Ability to improve efficiency and reduce complexity through process improvements
• Bias towards open thinking and learning
• Good documentation and organizational skills
• Willingness to foster a safe and compliant work environment
• Strong negotiations skills
• NGL and/or Chemical industry experience.