Responsible for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact), using advanced technical capabilities to achieve objectives of projects and/or change initiatives, maintaining project plans, managing project risks, leveraging relationships to achieve stakeholder buy-in and driving continuous improvement efforts. Specialism: Project and Product Delivery.
This role is for a key position in China to start building our digital presence to enable our Regions, Cities and Solutions and our Gas and Low Carbon businesses to expand opportunities. It requires strategic thought leadership of how digital enablement can enable faster deployment of renewables assets by our GLCE team, and how digitally led business models can enable customer opportunities for our RC&S teams in the prioritized industrial sectors. The successful individual will have deep experience is deploying digital business models within fast growing industries, ideally with a background in software engineering, and ranging experience in digital strategy development for delivering ambitious changes for industrial or manufacturing sector.
- Builds digital transformation strategy for new business models in the energy domain.
- Brings digital and technology expertise to business model development strategies on the uses of digital technology to enable revenue generation, improve margins or reduce cost of operations of manufacturing and industrial processes.
- Collaborates with business development team to build value propositions for customer difficulties that enable their net-zero transition journey.
- Scans the market for start-ups, and incubators that have solutions that can be deployed for delivering on the opportunity at pace.
- Builds the case for digital business model delivery – sources of value, costs, risks, what are their quantified mitigations
- Establishes teams that can integrate or build digital solutions focusing on the time to value delivery
- Qualified in computer science or related fields of digital engineering
- Proven experience in digital strategy delivery is a must. Experience in strategy consulting is an additional advantage, but not vital.
- Demonstrable experience in energy sector is an additional advantage.
- Broad experience designing, planning, implementing, maintaining, and detailing digital solutions.
- Experience to cloud technologies, programming languages, etc. ideally with deep experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C/C++)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to talk at all levels across the organization. Ability to engage and influence is of importance. Able to decompose technical considerations that everyone can understand is key. and collaborator management and ability to lead organizations through influence
- Complete tasks quickly and thoroughly, owns issues and is highly detailed.
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Strong great teammate with a customer service orientation with the ability to forge relationships at all levels of the company and across diverse cultures
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Ethical, honest, fair and of high integrity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.