The Digital Foundations Programmes team is an integral part of the Digital Enterprise and Operations (DE&O) portfolio, which is part of the Innovation & Engineering (I&E) business entity.
The vision of DE&O is to enable and regulate bp’s digital future, providing robust solutions at pace for all bp from its customers to citizen developers to DevOps squads.
The focus for the Digital Foundations Programmes sub-entity is to be at the forefront of building modern, secure and compliant digital foundations, to drive a modernized IT landscape flexible for growth and change. We can create sustainable solutions to support renewable revenue growth, ensure secure foundations that leads to greater efficiencies, lead the transformation and innovation across the bp value chain, while reducing unnecessary costs and complexities for the business and increasing transparency.
Digital Foundations Programmes delivery is centred around deploying an agile operating model, inclusive innovation, whilst creating and fostering a community of “doers”. We utilize our agility operating model to deliver, consisting of cross-discipline teams, utilizing people capabilities that can be dynamically deployed to teams and projects based on the demand across our entity.
- Conducting the core business analysis activities within a digital product landscape, discovering, analysing, ensuring that requirements are fit for purpose and aligned to a business value chain and agreed upon objectives; while working closely with the Product Manager and Product Owner to deliver the change
- Consequence scanning and identifying the impact of business requirements and solutions for target and interim scenarios
- Translating requirements into logical design specifications in alignment with the target environment, Non-functional requirements, and existing systems; along with supporting the development of detailed designs and documents using required standards, methods and tools
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and the team to prioritize the product backlog, assessing and providing inputs to release schedules and components, ensuring release processes and procedures are maintained. Carrying out testing and/or coordinating with testers and component specialists
- Analyse business needs and value drivers and relate this to digital and technology delivery
- Analysis, design thinking and agile techniques to shape epics and user stories
- Define and write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria via design thinking and agile business analysis principles
- Work with the Scrum team on continuous story grooming and provide mentorship on future stories
- Validate what has been delivered meets the stated user story acceptance criteria
- Organize sprint reviews with Product Owners to provide visibility and collect feedback
- Facilitate dependencies, risks and issues across team utilizing scrum of scrum techniques for effective delivery
- Define baselines, measures, and interdependencies of value streams to drive benefits realization.
Education & Experience
- Tertiary education and/or equivalent relevant work experience
- Agile and/or PMP certification with relevant experience working in both waterfall and agile projects/programme
- Has strong Agile delivery experience with agile leadership and governance
- Be a champion of Scrum and Agile and proactively guide and support the organisation with their adoption of Scrum practices and values
- Have a passion for coaching teams and helping them improve the ways they work
- Advanced knowledge of Azure DevOps and how they can be used to improve processes and efficiencies of a squad
- Have in depth knowledge of Agile methods
- Proven ability to engage with stakeholders across business and technology domains
- The role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, it would be helpful if you have:
- Experience in a similar role working for a large-scale and complex organisation such as bp
- Proficiency with ServiceNow platform with strong understanding of its IT Business Management (ITBM) processes
#bpDigital Strategy & Product Leadership