Job Family Group:
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Castrol Customer Team and advance your career as a
Fixed-term (until 2024 December)
Customer teams are dealing with sales support processes, account management, order taking, invoicing, cash collection, pricing, service request management and supply chain management activities.
In this role You will:
- Ensure data is accurately entered and maintained in the demand planning system, minimizing errors and resultant financial losses
- Hold ownership of a sub-set of the Demand Management process, including ownership of data input and output from the Demand Planning systems Proactively driving forecast accuracy and bias improvement
- Close co-operation with relevant stakeholders to ensure incorporation of commercial plans, assumptions and risks/opportunities into Demand Plans
- Cooperate with and support the Market Cluster Demand Leads to develop the demand planning process and systems for the Market, in line with the regional best practice
- Analyze trends and understands business activity in order to provide challenge and make recommendations to improve the accuracy of the Demand Plan
- Participate in business management processes and meetings in cluster markets as defined by the monthly S&OP Cycle
- Influence the Demand Management process that triggers forecast accuracy and hence contribute to customer excellence and to value generation for the company
- Supports the implementation and ongoing improvement of Rapid Response by Kinaxis Demand Planning Tool
- Maintain close relationship with Supply Chain, to provide clear insights, and be the key integration point for supply disruptions, demand control and supply balancing process
- Establish and develop strong business relationships with leaders in other functions (Finance, Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Pricing)
What You will need to be successful:
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous operational experience ideally in B2B businesses
- Experience in Sales and Customer management within the Lubricants business, finance or supply chain
- Experience of working with a diverse team across different geographies
- Experience and knowledge of sales forecasting processes
- Experience of SAP APO or similar system is an advantage
- Proficiency in English
- University/College degree preferably in economics
- Very strong analytical skills – able to analyze and summarize sophisticated information and prepared to drive performance improvements
- Must demonstrate high level of proficiency in Excel
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2022 Award (SSC / BSC sector) second time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
No travel is expected with this role
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.