Preferred location: Hamburg or Moenchengladbach
At bp, we have only one thing in mind: the energy of tomorrow. We want to rethink energy so that we are climate-neutral by 2050 at the latest. We are rethinking energy and relying on the expertise and passion of our approximately 70,000 employees worldwide, 4,600 of them in Germany. With the products and services of our bp, Aral and Castrol brands, they ensure energy and mobility for millions of people every day – today and in the future.
Castrol, as part of bp, produces and sells lubricants in the Industrial, Global Marine & Energy and Automotive business. This role is part of our Supply Chain organization working for the Industrial lubricants business. Our customers are production companies in various sectors (automotive, aerospace, machine manufacturing etc.) as well as companies operating in wind, steel and other mechanical engineering sectors.
You support the implementation and management of a robust and regionally consistent demand planning / - control process for our Industrial Lubricants business in Europe. On top, you will drive data integrity and include market and business intelligence into the forecast.
- You will be working with Demand Planning Leads to ensure the demand planning process operating in the assigned geography is aligned to mature S&OP practices and is continuously improved to reach better forecast accuracy and bias values
- You generate / validate scientific data-based demand plans for rolling 24 months, including market intelligence like “gains & losses” as indicated by Sales
- You drive cross-functional meetings and follow up with clear and accurate messaging of expected volumes which include tracking of opportunities and vulnerabilities (V&Os)
- You identify & clear out any anomalies in the sales order history
- You provide regular and ad-hoc analysis to drive forecast consensus at channel & geographical level and maintain bias and forecast accuracy within a tolerance, identifying any forecasting risks.
- You cooperate with our GBS team of demand analysts
- to improve stat forecasting basis
- to ensure demand control meetings are effectively run and priority decisions are made based on facts
This is what you can expect:
- Business economics or supply chain bachelor’s degree (or similar)
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience with big data analytics (usage of tools like Power Bi, Tableau etc.), high analytical skills, great data synthesis ability
- Experience with S&OP as process and SAP/APO as supply chain planning tool is a surplus
- Good overall business acumen (ideally within the Lubricants business or similar industries, e.g., car manufacturing, aviation with extended supply chain knowledge)
- You are cross-functional team player with the ability to work with people in different geographies of Europe
- English and German speaking candidates preferred
We live equal opportunities and value diversity. We emphasize that all people - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age and sexual orientation - are equally welcome.
- bp stands for agile working in a digitized, team-oriented and international working environment
- Flexible and mobile working as well as 30 days of leave
- Attractive remuneration package (company pension scheme, bonus and share programme, Aral fuel card, group accident insurance, various special benefits)
- International career and development opportunities as well as extensive internal and external training opportunities
- Subsidized canteen (Moenchengladbach office only where free meals are offered) and free hot drinks and water
- Commitment to society: bp doubles the donations made privately by employees to non-profit organizations and rewards voluntary time commitment.
- Employees can offset their personal CO2 footprint, bp doubles this amount
- Programs to improve work-life balance