Responsible for providing administrative support to help manage the logistics of deals to BP's best commercial advantage, ensuring trading transactions are entered correctly into the relevant systems and performing administrative tasks to assist trading activities.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Trading & Shipping function and advance your career as a
In this role You will:
- Manage the incoming claims inbox. Acts as the first point of contact for external counterparties and internal stakeholders. Ensure all items in the inbox are reviewed and actioned in a timely manner.
- Create new claims and assignments to the relevant Demurrage Negotiator. Ensure no duplicate claims are created.
- Check financial details of claims in systems to ensure claims are assigned to the correct cost center/chain.
- Provide acknowledgement of received claims to counterparties. Claims must be acknowledged by the correct BP entity.
- Manage assessment and payment of all freight claims for barges.
- Assign all freight claims as soon as possible for review and payment within 3 days of hoses off for vessels.
- Manage Time Charter tracking process and ensure provisional claims are created.
- Prioritise received claims appropriately and flag to the relevant Negotiators where claims are approaching timebar and urgent action is required.
- Daily activity to enter key details of contract of affreightment calculator.
- Manage reference data & updates in demurrage systems as required.
- Run weekly/monthly reports to provide key data to the Demurrage Negotiators and Team Leads.
- Seek to add value by simplifying activity, or reducing workload for Negotiators.
- Upon request arrange courier to physical send claims to counterparties ensuring proof of delivery is obtained.
- Manage ad-hoc requests to obtain useful information for team, e.g. working with ports to understand port tariff charges, or managing interactions with physical document storage companies.
- We have the following requirements:
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant university (economy or finance) degree
- 1-2 years global/ multi-national company work experience
- Interest in learning about the trading & shipping industry
- Fluent English knowledge and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Good analytical & technical skills (MS Office)
- Good attention to detail, ability to prioritise, organize and multi-task
- Good problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement