Responsible for managing a team to optimise commercial value from supply and trading activities, collaborating across functions to provide assurance on trading processes and procedures and ensuring suitable capability and resource levels are in place to enable operational objectives to be accomplished without any compromise to BP's health, safety and environmental standards.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Trading & Shipping function and advance your career as aIn this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Provide leadership through vision creation, direction, decision-making with sound judgement, coaching and a broad commercial focus, act as a leader for the entire Demurrage team.
- Develop individual/teams’ capabilities to enhanced delivery for bp.
- Develop strong internal relationships with the trading benches and key teams to facilitate high quality delivery for bp. Maximising profits, minimising losses, and working collaborative to optimise delivery. Act as a primary interface with key stakeholders through active, regular contacts.
- Develop strong external relationships with counterparties, owners and brokers to support positive commercial relationships and leverage positive outcomes for bp. Act as a point of escalation for their concerns.
- Understand and engage with trading/bench strategy to direct demurrage activity to support their delivery. Help negotiators to see and consider the holistic situation.
- Understand demurrage implications and support the trading and operations teams before, during and after deal transactions to deliver value for the business. Leverage relationships to ensure demurrage are engaged to provide pre-deal support.
- Responsible for the accuracy, timely response, and quality of negotiation within the relevant claims portfolio.
- Actively assist in the design and development of system implementation projects for the future benefit of the group. Use demurrage expertise to support and test new releases to ensure systems are fit for purpose.
- Manage an individual claims portfolio where required to optimise team delivery and support intense periods.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant university (economy or finance) degree
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience in finance or trading, or shipping
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing various teams and projects
- Global/ multi-national company work experience or physical oil environment knowledge is an advantage
- Fluent English knowledge and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Knowledge about the trading or shipping industry, physical oil environment
- Strong commercial instinct – a focus on delivering holistic value for BP
- Performance Bias - focuses efforts and prioritises work to deliver business value
- Business Acumen and alignment with the trading strategy - takes account of inter-relationships between customers, suppliers & the organisation. Understand trading bench strategy and align demurrage activity to support its delivery
- Negotiation skills and ability to hold external relationships, understand & manage customer needs and expectations
- Self-confident appearance, strong stakeholder management & relationship capability, leveraging these relationships to influence decision making
- Strong leadership & coaching capability to coach others, challenge and build high performing teams, build capability with team members
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement