Responsible for supporting the logistics of a deal to BP's best commercial advantage, ensuring that trading transactions are entered correctly into the relevant systems, working with schedulers to help manage movements and analyse transactions and providing market intelligence to influence trading decisions.
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Trading & Shipping function and advance your career as a In this role You will:
We have the following requirements:
- Manage a portfolio of barge/vessel claims in a systematic way to ensure timebars are not missed, meaningful responses are provided to counterparties, rigours negotiation is undertaken, and claims are closed in a timely manner.
- Calculate, prepare, verify of freight, contract shipping expenses and demurrage claims/invoices in accordance with oil trading contracts, general terms and conditions and charterparty terms.
- Ensure strict adherence to various contractual/charterparty timebar clauses, minimising BP’s commercial loss.
- Responsible for demurrage, freight and expenses on behalf of selected BP group companies.
- Investigation and collation of the facts and data gathered from Traders, Operators, Charterers, Legal and Tax Advisors in order to fully assess each individual demurrage claim.
- Negotiation of disputes with Group companies or Third parties using email, fax, telephone and face to face negotiation. Maximising value of each claim for bp within the context of ongoing relationships.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with 3rd parties including trading companies, barge owner’s and brokers. Leverage these relationships to aid BP group and demurrage negotiation.
- Hold commercial relationships and manage complex negotiations with external counterparties to maximise value recovery and advance bp’s interests.
- Appropriately assigned costs to relevant benches to ensure accurate profits and losses are reflected, collaborating with Settlement and Commodity Risk teams to ensure this is done in a correct and timely manner.
- Provide detailed analytical assessments on a regular basis of outstanding claims/costs to trading benches and commodity risk.
- Identify improvement opportunities, provide feedback, and work with traders, operators and contracts team to optimise efficiency, improve contractual terms and create demurrage prevention.
- Review ways of working to drive process optimisation and a focus on delivering value.
- Provide commercial assistance to the oil and ship operators, oil traders and ship charterers. Ensure lines of communication with key stakeholders are maintained and utilised as required.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Relevant university (economy or finance) degree
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in finance or trading, or shipping
- Global/ multi-national company work experience is an advantage
- Fluent English knowledge and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Knowledge about the trading or shipping industry, physical oil environment
- Strong commercial instinct – a focus on delivering holistic value for BP
- Negotiation skills and ability to hold external relationships
- Flexible and open thinker, with the ability to influence
- Strong analytical & technical skills (MS Office / MS Teams)
- A company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the attitude of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a stylish office environment
- Learning opportunities, other development opportunities to craft your career path
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Company laptop
- Phone for private usage
- Opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement