We are seeking an applicant to fill the position of Demurrage & Ancillary Team Leader, based in Singapore. The Demurrage & Ancillary Team is an essential part of the Commercial Operations Services team, which is a centre of expertise providing support and advice to the wider Operations team. The Team strives to build maximum value to bp Trading and Shipping by managing both Demurrage & Ancillary (Post-Fixtures) claims with professionalism and proficiency to achieve optimal value for bp. These operational objectives will be accomplished with complete conformance to BP's health, safety, environmental and operating standards.
- Manage performance management of direct reports, leading and motivating the team.
- Responsible for achieving the accurate balance in terms of headcount, skills and competencies across the team.
- Support development of immediate reports and for overall responsibility for the development and training needs of the team.
- Being able to explain improved performance of the team through key performance indicators, conduct mid and year end performance reviews
- Ensuring that the team is fully aware of, and when necessary, plays a part in, the delivery of the ASPAC strategy and plan including new business integration.
- Ensure the team complies with BP policies, T&S compliance policies and standards relevant to the team’s role, including the Code of Conduct & Passport to Work (PTW) modules.
- To role model our Values & Behaviours and ensure the team are aligned and promote a ‘speak up’ culture.
- Build and lead a high performing team of demurrage negotiators who provide technical expertise to traders, operations, strategic origination, contracts team e and have a broad understanding of the shipping and oil operations business. Maintain a reputation for efficiency and professional excellence.
- Responsible for adapting resource deployment in order to achieve the accurate balance across the teams in terms of headcount, skills and competencies to improve the value created and to support the T&S business as it evolves.
- Ensuring the business gets the right level of value, satisfaction and support from the team
- Drive continuous improvement and efficiency within the team maximizing straight through processing.
- Supporting their trading books operational and financial targets and ensuring that product control reporting is both accurate and relevant.
- Work and coordinate with regional Demurrage Team Leaders to deliver the GDCoP Performance Contract and Oil Operations Performance Contract.
- Ensuring that the team works effectively in a culture of compliance, risk management, rigorous execution and control, including:
- Compliance with all BP policies and procedures including Shipping policy and credit requirements. Relevance to shipping and credit
- Ensuring the team operates within the delegations of authority limits.
- Ensuring the team supports and operates to the HSSE standards as directed by the Company and the Business.
- Making sure the team has clearly defined policies, procedures and job notes Single Point of Accountability for maintaining relationships with key stakeholders e.g. BP Shipping, FVC’s and supporting the IT&S systems agenda.
- Degree or Diploma in any relevant discipline.
- Proven track record of leadership skills, managing and adapting resources to meet changing and challenging business requirements
- Strong analytical capability including interpreting data and drawing connections and conclusions to generate performance insight.
- Strong communication skills, willingness to speak up
- Strong team player with good interpersonal skillset, passion to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Ability to achieve operation and business goals through influencing, systematic planning and effective management of available resources
- Finding innovative solution to problems
- Proven track record of relationship building in front office environment and with external counter parties
- Understanding of demurrage and ancillary principles
- Working Knowledge and application of laytime, demurrage and shipping related costs, knowledge of physical oil environment
- Possess good verbal and written negotiation skills.
- Ability to achieve operation and business goals through influencing, systematic planning and effective management of available resources, finding innovative solution to problems
- MS Excel and general computer knowledge.
BP Singapore Pte Ltd promotes a flexible 60:40 work from office arrangement