Job Family Group:
Supply & Trading Group
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We are working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together. You can participate in our new ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero.
In Hungary, we operate bp’s Global Business Services organization which is an integrated part of bp. Our people want to play their part in solving the big complex challenges facing our world today and, guided by our bp values, are working to help meet the world’s need for more energy while lowering carbon emissions. In our offices in Budapest and Szeged, we work in customer service, finance, accounting, procurement, HR services and other enabling functions – providing solutions across all of bp. Join our team, and develop your career in an encouraging, forward-thinking environment!
Would you like to discover how our diverse, hardworking people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team?
Join our Trading & Shipping function and advance your career as a
Demurrage Team Lead
The Demurrage Team (part of Oil Operations) provide a first-class service to T&S GOE and the Fuels Value Chains (FVC’s) for handling demurrage and shipping related ancillary charges. We are experts for vessels and barges in the calculation and payment of freight, calculation and negotiation of demurrage claims, calculation and negotiation of related shipping costs such as deviation, detention, port costs etc., and the interpretation of the contract clauses to minimize exposure to claims wherever possible.
In this role You will:
- Act as a leader for the entire Demurrage team.
- Develop individual/teams’ capabilities to enhanced delivery for bp. With a focus on both technical development and broader commercial/change skills.
- Develop strong internal relationships with the trading benches and key teams to facilitate high quality delivery for bp. Maximising profits, minimising losses, and working collaborative to optimise delivery.
- Develop strong external relationships with counterparties to support positive commercial relationships and leverage positive outcomes for bp.
- Understand and engage with bench/GOE strategy to direct demurrage activity to support their delivery. Help negotiators to see and consider the holistic situation.
- Identifying and implementation strategic interventions to improve the Demurrage team’s performance and delivery. Develop team members to deliver initiatives.
- Understand demurrage implications and support the trading and operations teams before, during and after deal transactions to deliver value for the business. Leverage relationships to ensure demurrage are engaged to provide pre-deal support.
- Support the team through coaching of more complex claims, issue resolution
- Responsible for the accuracy, timely response, and quality of negotiation within the Dirty claims’ portfolio
- Support the Demurrage recruitment process
What You will need to be successful:
- Relevant university (economy or finance) degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance or trading, or shipping
- Minimum 2 years of experience in managing various teams and projects
- Knowledge about the trading or shipping industry, physical oil environment
- Fluent English knowledge and ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to quickly learn required technical aspects of the role.
- Commercial competence and alignment with GOE strategy.
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship build capability
- Passion for continuous improvement and ability develop capability with team members.
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- Different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- Flexible working schedule: home office up to 2 days / week, based on team agreement
- Opportunity to build up long term career path and develop your skills with wide range of learning options
- Family friendly workplace e.g.: Extended parental leave, Mother-baby room
- Employees’ wellbeing programs e.g.: Employee Assistance Program, Company Recognition Program
- Possibility to join our social communities and networks
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in our beautiful Budapest Agora and Szeged offices e.g.: Play Zones, Office massage, Sport and music equipment
- Assets like phone for private usage and company laptop are provided from the first day of employment with other equipment if requested
bp Hungary won the Most Attractive Employer 2022 Award (SSC / BSC sector) second time in a row at PwC's annual employer research. Come and join us!
Some travel may be required with this role, this is negotiable
This role is not eligible for relocation
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.