Deputy Commercial and Financial Manager for BP-Marubeni offshore wind joint venture will be a seconded role from BP into the JV. This team member will be a critical team member reporting to the project commercial manager with the expectation that the individual can progress to become CFO of a wind project from the construction phase. This individual will support the development of the commercial strategy of the Japanese offshore wind projects on behalf of its shareholders as well as develop and oversee the finance function.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to have a central role in developing major Japanese offshore wind assets.
Are you ready to take your career to new heights?
In partnership with Marubeni, bp is exploring a selected offshore wind development opportunity in Japan. This is a first step towards building a market-leading offshore wind position in Japan. Associated with this agreement, bp is establishing a local offshore development team in Tokyo. This is a unique opportunity to join and be at the forefront of creating an offshore wind market in Japan and play a part in bp’s net zero ambitions.
- Support assessment of key commercial topics including offtake and bidding strategies
- Support commercial negotiations related to the strategy including relating to offtake, grid, land, financing et al
- Coordinate the updates of the business case and economic model (including inter alia power price and offtake, financing, and cost assumptions)
- Support Commercial manager in running all finance processes
- Support the establishment of JV set up and processes (tax, financing, budget)
- Support the preparation for project financing activity including liaison with shareholder treasury functions
- coordinate different Governance approvals for the JV
- coordinate with outsourced finance service providers
Why join us:At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and ambitious environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering, technical discipline or any other equivalent degree;
- MBA is preferred
- Japanese language proficiency is a must
- CFA or equivalent designation are a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with and understanding of drivers of renewable energy and power industry
- Deep commercial acumen demonstrated in prior roles and can translate commercial arrangements into financial models. Experienced at using commercial analysis to support the development of innovative commercial solutions in complex value chains and can assess business and financial risks.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to lead complex commercial negotiations
- Leadership potential to grow into CFO role over a few years
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities with a strong track record of delivery
There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are meaningful, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!