Responsible for managing a large team to support the business through maximizing asset value, managing forecasting/planning and reporting and integrating performance management whilst maintaining a strong control environment, partnering with relevant stakeholder groups to manage a range of financial activities and implementing a financial strategy to drive outstanding business results.
- Provides leadership for the day-to-day management of a major Finance organization, developing strategy and leading the financialisation of the business strategy, facilitating conversations with relevant parties to ensure financial implications are understood, transparent and the right actions are taking to meet strategic targets.
- Oversees the financial reporting processes in accordance with Group policies and local standards, taking responsibility for the overall accuracy of reporting and integrity of financial accounts, and managing robust interfaces with the business.
- Ensures financial management information (MI) requirements are met, as well as managing conformance with all external reporting requirements, including rigorous delivery of reporting and strategy updates to investors.
- Develops key performance indicators (KPIs) that monitor strategic delivery and track key milestones, and leads delivery of timely analysis of performance areas of focus against these KPIs, including commentary and insights to support decision making on interventions as required.
- Manages a large team of direct reports, demonstrating effective leadership to ensure excellence in delivery against plans and the people agenda, championing a continuous improvement culture throughout all activities, while delivering performance management, and technical development.
- Coaches and develops others to improve their leadership capability, enhance delivery of business objectives and create a performance culture.
- Creates an environment that enables the business to drive operations excellence and achieve our vision.
- Ensures personal and team compliance with the BP's Code of Conduct and demonstrates a personal commitment to safety and exemplary leadership of BP's Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviours.
- Provides highly advanced analysis of business performance, managing performance reporting and providing benchmarking/ comprehensive competitor intelligence, whilst challenging the business to achieve top quartile performance results.
- Acts as a thought leader on business forecasting/planning and financial performance management, providing technical input to the development of new tools to support the planning process and facilitating portfolio management and capital allocation processes for the relevant business area.
- Oversees the application of policy, governance and compliance for financial reporting, accounting and control, and delivers cash flow opportunities and provides insightful cash cost analysis.
- Monitors financial performance, challenging established practice and proposing and implementing new ways of working to drive continuous improvement of processes to support the delivery of business opportunities.
- Partners with multiple internal and external stakeholders, including auditors and Tax, working in collaboration to support the business needs and providing informal mentoring/training to junior members of the team to build financial capability. · Complies with BP's Code of Conduct and models BP's Values & Behaviours.
- Provides leadership for the Finance organization for a business segment, directing the preparation of financial performance results, financial forecasts, and analytical studies to meet company and local reporting requirements; also accountable for all aspects of performance for the organization (HSSE, People Agenda and Financial Delivery), from planning to implementation and assurance.
- Ensures the financial reporting processes in accordance with Group policies and local standard and integrity of financial accounts and managing robust interfaces with the business. · Works with senior leaders in creating and communicating overall business vision, developing and implementing strategic plans, and supporting the senior leaders
This is a Senior Leadership role in Finance