Learning Services (LS) is part of People & Culture, sitting within Service & Solutions reporting into the Regional Service Owner (RSO), who supported by the Global Experience Owner (GEO) and Global Solutions Owner (GSO) aim to provide a positive colleague experience.
Working together with our global learning teams, Learning Services is responsible for learning implementation, the ‘silent’ end-to-end delivery of training internally and providing support and record maintenance for external training. Day to day activity is managed through our systems; Salesforce and Cornerstone on Demand (CSoD).
The Design Integration Team Lead’s (DIL) primary accountability is integrating great solutions for learning. As a result, the role is key in ensuring bp’s workforce is compliant and fit to work on our assets and within our businesses. The DIL will build strong partnerships with bp’s Design Hub and the GSO and will be pivotal in selecting and prioritising LS projects. As a leader, the role will build a high performing team (8-12) to deliver all the above, providing coaching, direction and judgement.
Essential Education & Experience
- Master’s (bachelor) degree level qualification, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of, and ability to demonstrate experience of the learning life cycle
- Prior experience in managing people and team both directly and functionally
- Prior experience in managing global learning operations
- Own your success - Demonstrates leadership and is accountable for driving team performance; Inspires teams to evaluate and enhance delivery of business outcomes; Models safe and ethical work practices and a culture of transparency
- Think big - Actively seeks opportunities to transform and enhance processes and systems; Constantly seeks ways to transform, improve and innovate; Builds the skills and knowledge of the team and promotes a collaborative team environment
- Be curious - Encourages a culture of curiosity across teams; Ensures the delivery and improvement of digital solutions to benefit customers; Supports the team to try new technologies, fail and learn fast and implement solutions at pace
- Effortless customer experiences - Drives team to understand customer needs and deliver digital seamless self-service customer experiences
- Digital first - Keeps up-to-date with digital innovation and seeks digital solutions for problems, Encourages the team to deliver creative digital solutions
- Significant Learning process or Learning system implementation and maintenance experience including process and/or service design and engineering.
- Demonstrable project /programme management experience including stakeholder management and change expertise.
- Digitally fluent in order to work with technology teams to build high-quality digital products and solutions.
- Customer focus – all decisions clearly aligned to customer/business and bp wide strategy.
- Driving ‘value-add’ solutions focus - deeply integrated to ultimately improve business performance and positively disrupt, where necessary. Proven track record of improving/adding value and taking things to the next level.
- Stakeholder management – Ability to engage with and influence key business stakeholders. Uses partnering, basic consultancy skills and a ‘coach approach’ to build trust. Is continually enhancing skills in active listening, influencing and communication
Leadership & EQ Capability
- Strong resilience and agility – ability to drive work collaboratively across a wider Talent team and adapt to change in priorities
- Effective communication skills, flexible style able to deal with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong influencing skills - able to gain acceptance to ideas from senior stakeholders and comfortable in the space of challenge and difficult conversations
- Is self-aware and skilled at managing impact on others
- Is actively aware of the morale of their team and works constructively to raise it
- Applies judgement and common sense at scale - demonstrates global understanding of the wider business in support of cross segment/border working and ability to apply sound judgement / wise counsel
- Acts with integrity; is an exemplar of living the LEs & V&Bs
- Proven track record of successfully developing and inspiring others and engendering followership
- Experienced project management methodologies (preferably agile)
- Proficient in using Salesforce systems
- Proficient in using Learning Management Systems, preferably CSOD
- Proficient in using Office 365 applications
- Experienced handling operational data and analysing the same