Would you like to join bp and help us embed a strong integrated operating culture to support the delivery of safe, reliable and efficient operations?
We are now looking for Development Well Site Leader to join our team in Baku, Azerbaijan. In this role you will report to Wells Superintendent and will assist Senior Wellsite Leader who is single point accountable person offshore representing Wells Team in regards with all Drilling, Completions and Interventions related operational activities.
Upon success through selection process, you will be moving to Night Wellsite Leader role within 12-18 months as a part of career development.
Please note that the role is open for Azerbaijani nationals only.
About the role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Provide visible safety leadership and ensure adherence to Operations Management System requirements.
• Apply Upstream Control of Work and plan Simultaneous Operations (SimOps) activities with Production team.
• Ensure that all planned operations are risk assessed and adequate mitigations are in place.
• Ensure regional bp practices are adhered to, including platform specific Shut In and Well Control Guidelines.
• Conduct audits and drills as per Global Wells Organization Safety Plan with Self Verification and Over Sight cross checks (eWells) and Control of Work audits
• Support Senior Well Site Leader (SWSL) in operational leadership, in line with BP Leadership Framework, directing well site operations in accordance with instructions from SWSL and approved plan.
• Support SWSL to complete bp Contractor Scorecards and provide feedback as required
• Support SWSL to ensure accuracy of all Daily Drilling Report and associated cost
You will have a university degree in Engineering or equivalent technical subject.
It would be essential that you have:
• 4 years of experience in the area of Drilling Engineering or equivalent
• Familiarity with the terminology in the wells organization in order to understand overall business
• Ability to travel and work offshore
At bp, we provide great environment & benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life & health insurance, medical care package, and many others benefits!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!