To reimagine energy for people and our planet. We want to help the world reach net zero and improve people’s lives. We will aim to dramatically reduce carbon in our operations and in our production, and grow new low carbon businesses, products and services. We will advocate for fundamental and rapid progress towards Paris and strive to be a leader in transparency.
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
- deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
- driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
- collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
- originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
- protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks.
Because together we are:
- Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors.
- Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs.
- Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive.
Humans are driven by need, but at their core they are fueled by compassion. Empathy helps them make their decisions because compassion equal trust.
We are looking for a Product Design Lead to join our fast-growing Human Experience Design (HXD) team to pave the way on what Product Design (UX/UI) means for BP and further how this discipline integrates with digital, cross-functionally. This person will define what it means to build outstanding experiences and who thinks deeply about information architecture, user flows, interaction design and the fundamentals of visual design.
- Be a key part in the design team as a lead and promote HXD standards and support the team in developing and maintaining them as the foundation for crafting cohesive experiences.
- Support the design leadership team in the nurturing and growth of the design discipline.
- Be an expert communicator with educating your team and stakeholders on all things Product Design.
- Have a good understanding of planning, executing and implementing design thinking methodology.
- Input into the defining and implementing of processes, ways of working and best practices.
- Support business unit Product Designers visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout) and all other Product Design outputs.
- Identify and be a key contributor to industry trends, Identify UI design solutions in response to latent or anticipated sociocultural trends.
- Enable BP product designers and agency design teams in applying UX principles, extensive personal knowledge and user research data to build user interfaces and other user interactions that implement information designs, user workflows, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Strong communication skills for product-line concepts, narratives, and experience value propositions.
- Good knowledge of how to implement different research methods and how to structure research and basic tests to reduce the risk of confirmation and one other type of bias impacting the results, working closely with researchers to develop designs and basic prototypes based upon scenarios.
- Able to lead and empower and bring together both BP designers as well as design teams provided by our agency partners and enable collaboration and insights sharing across project teams.
- Effectively consolidate and communicate key findings and insights cross-functional and to key stakeholders, actively engaging with the product team, representing the bp design philosophy and advocating for the user.
You will be accountable for the following:
- Implementing best practices in Product Design (UX/UI).
- Following the processes and ways of working through which Product Design will be executed.
- Deliver the Product Design outputs and deliverables standards.
- Collaborate with in-house designers and those from multiple agencies.
- BS/MS Degree; preference for Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, UX Design or Computer Science; or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in using all design tools such as Adobe, Sketch, Figma, Invision and Zeplin.
- Experience working as a product designer and/or product design leader with an in-house Design team or at a Design agency.
- Knowledge of Agile or Lean UX or product methodologies and experience working in a collaborative, agile environment is a plus.
- A portfolio that highlights your approach to problem solving coupled with your skills in research, user experience, and design (both visual and interaction)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills